Just Sheldon

Jay Bagley

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
what kind is he? That shell is spectacular!
He is a Sulcata. He is just over 3 yrs old now. He is smoothing out. He was a little bit more pyramided when I first got him. Thank you for taking an interest in him.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Ooooo, that makes me cold just thinking about Michigan!
Ya!! I've lived here for 40 years. I'm getting pretty sick of winter.If I did not have a daughter( incredibly thankful I do) I would love to move to Florida. It's kind of funny I've always just dealt with winter, but now that I have a tortoise that's going to be huge. A warmer state is looking very appealing right about now.

DesertGirl

5 Year Member
Fabulous Las Vegas, NV
We are loving it in Vegas! Moved here about 8 yrs ago from Texas after living there for 50+ yrs. Couldn’t stand that many people (DFW). the heat and that awful humidity. Vegas is so perfect for the humans and the tort!

Jay Bagley

Michigan
How old is Sheldon, my Sheldon is 5 and is 5.4 pounds funny how we have good taste in names ^ - ^
Oh and how do you get is shell so nice besides daily baths
Hello, Sheldon was roughly three years of age twords the end of December 2017. When I got him back in my custody (long story lol) he weighed 1 pound at a little over two and a half years old back in last October. So he's gained a little over 5 lb in the last 7 months. When we first got him, the breeder had advertised that they were raised humid. I believe him getting a good start in life significantly influenced his shell growth. I just spray his shell down with water a few times a day, soak him daily for 20 to 30 minutes. I also add a little shell conditioner called Nature's Zone shell saver. It's kind of a glorified coconut oil. He's always had kind of a pretty shell with out it.