Just rescued a box turtle, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
We went to Kentucky for a funeral and a cousin of my husbands gave me a box turtle. He was not kept well so I took him. Can anyone give me a good website? I have never had a box only sliders and sulcata.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
If you got here, I don't think you need to look at any website. Just read through the threads. I have only been on here for 2 days and these guys and gals have helped me tremendously. Good Luck with your Boxie and Congrats!!!!

M

Maggie Cummings

Hey Missy! Good job, do you know what kind of box turtle he is? Here's the best site (outside of TFO) if you really think you need one. Read up on here and then talk to us...:):tort:

http://aboxturtle.com/

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
I think Eastern. I will try and post some pics in the next few days.

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
i was about to say Tess' book is pretty good. i have a list of foods that ebt will eat if you want a copy

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
I have had a three toed boxie for 23 years. She has outlived 2 dogs, 3 cats and a few birds. I absolutely love her, even though my yard is securely fenced, she has escaped twice just to show up for breakfast at the gate. She spends the winter indoors, because for some reason she refuses to hibernate more than 7 weeks.

If you need any advice I have plenty. Although, I only have her and no others turtles/tortoise my advice will be very focused on female three-toed boxies.

Status
Not open for further replies.