Just new!

Outatime

Hi Guys

New to everything here, new member and new to Tortoises. My name is Stuart and I live in Central Florida with my wife and two kids age 13 weeks and nearly 3 years plus our dog a Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

I have been thinking for a while now about bringing a Tortoise in to join our family for a while, I have a love for Tortoises and turtles and think the kids would love it too.

We have a large 4 bed home, big lot with lots of grass, room in the garage so think we are a suitable home for one, I have in my mind a Sulcata and have done quite a bit of reading on them and they seem such characters almost perfect for a family like ours but would welcome any comments, I am aware of how big they get.

I have a few questions which I think I would ask in the Sulcata forum is that's ok, maybe you guys can follow me down there for a little advice.

Thanks very much

Stuart

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Hello and welcome, fellow Central Floridian! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] I have 2 10 month old Sulcatas [TURTLE][TURTLE]

Were you looking to get a hatchling or start out with an older sulcata?

floss1988

Uk
Hello and welcome I am new 2. 1 thing I am aware of is that dogs and torts is a no no so if u do get one make sure the dog and tort are not alone together at all. Hope u get all the info u need [TURTLE]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Stuart, and welcome to the Forum!

Outatime

Thanks for all the replies guys, great forum you have here. Regarding my first Sulcata I think I would like maybe one that's a little older than a hatchling but I wouldn't know where to start looking for one yet. Still early days.

Thanks

Stuart

Barista5261 said:
Hello and welcome, fellow Central Floridian! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] I have 2 10 month old Sulcatas [TURTLE][TURTLE]

Were you looking to get a hatchling or start out with an older sulcata?