Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
XXAPAINKILLERXX said:
should i have a lil water bowl for them? or they dont really need it? everything i read wasnt to sure on it

Kinda the pint we have been making and the reason for the Links posted here...
You didnt read that here... READ HERE and get updated, info about what they need and require.
Dont stress,, but read read read.... If you cant afford a $20 plastic tote...then look for cheap or free book shelves. lay it on its back and line it with plastic.
however... that wont be free either..
Do you have a yard? Where do you live? what kid of lighting and heat lamps did you get?

XXAPAINKILLERXX

5 Year Member
Wilmington CA
yeah i read somewhere else but im just gonna be reading from here now :) yeah i got a yard but everything is cement.. CA wilmington.. in the middle between san pedro and long beach.. got uvb and inferred lights.. one of each light.. got 2 tort babys from store 3 days ago

XXAPAINKILLERXX said:
Named him Donny..made a cool home for him got he light and everything i need.. i felt like he seem lonely so a bought another one :) havnt named the 2nd yet.. any ideas for names? im thinking Turbo or Squirtle.. they are eating a lot is that normal? i cut off the bottom of plastic cups to make lil dishes i put greens etc. on top and one eats the whole lil plate.. and i clean then refill the plates cause both eat.. should i keep refilling or fill once per day? im new to TFO.. love these dudes![/font]

Heres another pic

Attachments

• 032812142547.jpg
    032812142547.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 40

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
Make sure the uvb is not the coil light, those good really damage the.eyes of hatchlings, not too sure about the infared, never heard of those being used for tortoises

HonuFonu23

5 Year Member
Glendale, AZ
StudentoftheReptile said:

Tons of helpful links there.. they came in handy when I first got my tort back in December :p

Welcome to the forums Donny and human.. we're all here to help. The info is a bit overwhelming but the more you know the better your torts will turn out :D

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
is the yard yours or a rental? you can get cinder blocks and enclose an area, put a 2-3 inch layer of soil and plant grass clover seeds.. place a few hides and water dish, and feed them dark leafy greens...
they need outside time.. and in a few months your indoor one will be much to small for two.. start saving your pennies!

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
Good luck, I have a new baby too, all of the people here are here to help, even if it comes off rude or mean, they are just tring to help... My little girl loves to play in the mud and her "bath time" she seems really happy now that I know how to care for her. I was told how to care for her at the pet store (yea right) when I thought wow I should really look this sh*t up... and found EVERY thing they told me was wrong, Luckly I already knew that they got huge, otherwise I would have thought she would be growing a inch in a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.