Is this succulent ok ? Edible? I think its called a mexican snowball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoGpp1012

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn , NY
Benito hasn't tried eating it and was just purchased but I want to know its 100% safe and just saw this identification thread. Any input is greatly appreciate thank you

image-1366716056.png

GeoGpp1012

5 Year Member
Brooklyn , NY
redbeef said:
Echevaria species are listed as a feed in moderation on tortoisetable:

http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/site/plants_19.asp?mode=main&catID=480

Thank you
Hmm so is it ok to have as a decoration then? And he hasn't tried eating it but if he does its not poisonous or on the toxic list...just trying to add some live plants for humidity and he gets excited or curious when he sees something new ...I've ordered a spider plants to add as well..

redbeef

5 Year Member
Thank you
Hmm so is it ok to have as a decoration then? And he hasn't tried eating it but if he does its not poisonous or on the toxic list...just trying to add some live plants for humidity and he gets excited or curious when he sees something new ...I've ordered a spider plants to add as well..

well my greek has gone after some echevaria I've put in his outdoor pen and he was OK afterwards, that wasn't all he was eating though, just some snacking in between regular feedings I guess ;)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not poisonous, just should not eat a lot of eat. So a nibble here and their. If he starts to really eat a lot of it either take it out or just don't give him any more for awhile.

GeoGpp1012

5 Year Member
Brooklyn , NY
Thanks for all the feed back I've just been trying to make it a little nicer for him..he hasn't snacked on it at all ...just checked it out and walked on it then left it alone yet if he does and a lot it's gone pronto....I ordered dandelion and clover seeds today..was gonna try and grow them in the Eco-earth substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.