Is this a sulcata what color is this called

fmartinez_612

Location (City and/or State)
Louise
Im getting a tortisee shipped in from.a man that can no longer care for him for certain reasons just wandering i was told it was a sulcata is it its 10 inches and between 4-6 pounds and just wandering what color is this called the color of his shell by the wY im new to the forum

Screenshot_2018-12-20-14-48-03.png

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
It's 100% a Sulcata. He'll most likely lose the brownish color over time, and become lighter in appearance.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Should i be concernrd about his weight is 5 pounds too low of a weight for a 10 inch tortoise
Welcome to tfo. He does need some better care. Read the caresheets in the sulcata section. I don't know the average weight of a well kept 5 year old. They all do grow at their own pace but it does seem light for a 10 inch 5 year old.

fmartinez_612

Louise
Welcome to tfo. He does need some better care. Read the caresheets in the sulcata section. I don't know the average weight of a well kept 5 year old. They all do grow at their own pace but it does seem light for a 10 inch 5 year old.

I was told he was 2 years old

Ayushjain101

Kerla
He got no sun light and also have pyramiding but now if he gets good care he will be good again...

fmartinez_612

Louise
This is call “sick” color. Should provide more sun light

Really now im a bit concerned im paying 250 for him because the guys moving out of state and can no longer care for him im a bit scared now to purchase him will he be ok i saw a video of him.walking around he doesn't look sick do you think he will be ok

kazjimmy

baldwin park
Really now im a bit concerned im paying 250 for him because the guys moving out of state and can no longer care for him im a bit scared now to purchase him will he be ok i saw a video of him.walking around he doesn't look sick do you think he will be ok

This tortoise was keep in a low uvb environment. He is sick, but keep in mind tortoise are strong animals,once you learn all the correct information from this forum, your tortoise would be fine. Or sell it before things got worst, tortoise is not for everyone.