Is this normal?

ahaslem94

Location (City and/or State)
IL
My box turtle has been sitting in her water dish for a day and a half. I moved her out of it at one point but she just went back and sat there. She's alert but has mostly remained still this whole time. Is this something I should be worried about?

Rex1718

5 Year Member
SC
My box turtle has been sitting in her water dish for a day and a half. I moved her out of it at one point but she just went back and sat there. She's alert but has mostly remained still this whole time. Is this something I should be worried about?
What is the temps like in the enclosure. If it’s too hot she will stay in the water to cool off. Also your humility could be to low.
If your heat is in check, and your humidity is ok, I wouldn’t much worry about it. I have an eastern box turtle and she loves water.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings.

Is your boxies enclosure outside or inside? Plenty of shade and litter area to dig and hide?

A few pictures of your enclosure will help with a lot of guessing/questions. It’s been really hot of late, could just be enjoying a cool soak to chill out.

Are other things normal? Eating, alert? Seems to be moving some...?

ahaslem94

IL
She has an indoor enclosure. I make sure her basking area doesn’t exceed 85-90 degrees and I mist the area with water several times a day. I put some food out and she got right out of the water to eat it, so I think she was just enjoying the water. Thanks for your help!