Is Hank a diva?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernie

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mountain Home, Idaho
Hank's got a fun new behavior that I'm wondering about. She's been sucking in her head and arms and then launching herself at things using her hind legs. It looks like she's head butting things.

She did it to a pair of sneakers after she spent about twenty minutes trying to eat. And then it was little green carpet steamer after she discovered that to be inedible also.

Is this normal? It seems really aggressive.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
IMHO, Hank may be seeing these objects as a threat to her territory and she is being aggressive and butting them saying "go away". This often causes stress to torts. Please be careful. Torts are creatures of habit and have territories, things out of the normal in those territories can cause stress and/or agressive behaviors. I take it the sneakers and green crpet steamer are on the floor. I would be careful to place Hank on the floor they are often too cold and have many hazards for little torts like stings, hair, not to mention feet and things.

Bernie

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Mountain Home, Idaho
Thanks for advice Robyn! I have noticed that Hank has a very rigid schedule she adheres to. I'll keep a better eye on what's in Hank's territory -- I certainly don't want to stress her.

Status
Not open for further replies.