IOS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
It would seem that the new update for iproducts is not comparable with The Tortoise Forum app. I'm so bummed in that I always use the app. Uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and it shuts down while opening. Ugh. Anyone else having issues? I'm having a hard time figuring out the website. Sigh

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
RE: ISO 7

I have the update on my ipad. Not sure I am liking it:(. I have never used the app, I have it, but seems harder to me then the sight. I will try to see what it does though when I try to use it and let you know if I have problems.

It works for me and my ipad2. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you:(

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
ISO 7

I have the same issues with my iPhone 5, but I've noticed that it only happens when I leave the app open for a while. Then I have to restart my phone for it to work and the app stops closing itself out. It's a bothersome, but it works for now.
Cowboy_Ken said:
It would seem that the new update for iproducts is not comparable with The Tortoise Forum app. I'm so bummed in that I always use the app. Uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and it shuts down while opening. Ugh. Anyone else having issues? I'm having a hard time figuring out the website. Sigh

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I never shut my phone off. Or my iPad for that matter.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona

So I've shut my phone off, turned it on, uninstalled, reinstalled the app and it still kicks me off. I'm creative, so I will try other conglomerations of such efforts to rectify this issue. Still open to all suggestions in regard to this issue. Thanks folks. Cowboy

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

Cowboy_Ken said:
Still open to all suggestions in regard to this issue.

Droid

Perhaps it's because I've used the browser for longer than there's been an app, but I think the app makes the forum much more difficult to navigate.

For Love of Everything Shell

5 Year Member
ISO 7

I am on an iPhone 5 and did my update also... :( sad face for that... But for me the tort app is still working fine. A few times it has been "thinking" and just closes, but when I open it again everything is fine! How is your internet? Try from wifi vs LTE or whatever u r on

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
ISO 7

Oddly enough, I did the update and everything is working. So far. My app hasn't worked right since the last big update, around last Christmas. ImageUploadedByTortForum1380066192.727325.jpg
Ooohhh and I can post pics too!!! It wouldn't let me before...

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

I will be looking into an iOS7 update tomorrow. Thank you for all who have reported issues with the update. Everything should be working fine ASAP

DevilsLettuce

5 Year Member
ISO 7

I had a 4s with AT&T and had all those issues till I recently switched to the 5s at Verizon...

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona

General info.

iPhone 5

AT&T service

Issue of booting off while on LTE, 4g, or wifi. I have yet to discover a configuration that keeps the app running.

I have done a soft power off uninstall
I have done a hard power off uninstall
Reinstall with no change.
Josh, thank you for your attention to this issue.

Cowboy_Ken said:
General info.

iPhone 5

AT&T service

Issue of booting off while on LTE, 4g, or wifi. I have yet to discover a configuration that keeps the app running.

I have done a soft power off uninstall
I have done a hard power off uninstall
Reinstall with no change.
Josh, thank you for your attention to this issue.

This also happens with my iPad 2

For Love of Everything Shell

5 Year Member
ISO 7

Mine was doing that yesterday, instantly booting me off, but today it is better. I have noticed for me it is a bit linked to LTE vs wifi on my iPhone 5

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
ISO 7

After this 7.0.2 update, I'm back on through the app.
After updating, I deleted the app, reinstalled the app then did a hard shut down. So far seems to be working.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
I had major problems yesterday (iPad 4, AT&T), but today no issue. It was bumping me off app within 10 seconds of opening a thread.

If you fixed it, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.