introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoiseluv

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
RE: Welcome to Tortoise Forum .org !

Hi! My name is Lola and I have a russian tortoise named Ella. This is my first tort, but not my first reptile! I currently have a RES also. Ella is about 6 years old (this was estimated) and I've only had her for a few months, but she is doing GREAT! I love this forum and I've read almost every russian tort topic here... I wish there were more! Now I'm working on the other species of torts here :).

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA

Welcome - Tim & Clark, Rosey09 and your wee pal, and to Lola and Ella

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Hi Lola! Lots of Russian caretakers in here. So what is the RES's name?

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa

HI i have two russian tortoises named frank and bob my grandmother gave them to me. i also have a res named rosie.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA

Welcome wayne.bob and welcome to Frank and Bob and let us not forget to welcome rosie.
I have 4 res names. eeny, meany, miney and Bo:p

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California

Welcome to Tortoise Forum.org wayne.bob and tortoiseluv!

tortoiseluv

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Jacqui said:
Hi Lola! Lots of Russian caretakers in here. So what is the RES's name?
My RES's name is Turdy... yeah, it's a pretty lame name but I came up with it when I was just a wee kid. I've had him for a long time and he's precious to me :) just like my tort. Unfortunatly I do have a favorite ;)

halfnelson

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Crazy1 said:
I like your Avatar halfnelson.
Is there a reason for the "A"?
The A is meaningless. The picture is a kite I found on an internet catalog and the A just means it's the first one on the page.

Still trying to figure out how to post pictures. The add attachment thing down there doesn't seem to work.:(

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio

Hello everyone!:) My name is Ann and I live in Ohio with my three teenage daughters. We have quite a little zoo at my house including 4 hermann's torts, 1 hedgehog, 16 snakes (ball pythons, cornsnakes, and hognoses) and 3 dogs. I received my AAT (animal assisted therapy) certificate, and when I graduate with my RN, I would love to use some of my pets in a therapeutic setting:D.
I found this forum searching for fellow tort lovers on google and I am so glad I did. You all seem very friendly and I look forward to many future posts!!:p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Hi Ann! Nice to officially meet and greet you.:D I have a BP currently. Would love to have a hognose, but when it's a choice between money going for a snake or for a tort, wellllll seems the torts win every time.:rolleyes:. I recall the hedgehog we had fondly too. Love the way they sorta vacuum up the food.:D

Sure gald you found us!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA

welcome Ann. When are you looking at graduating?
I am a psych nursing and have been able to take a few of my pets to work for some therapy sessions. Interesting how pateints interact with animals and how much they can change or open up with animals. I would like to continue my education and add animal behavioralist to my list of things to do and become. Love watching my torts and trying to figure out why they do the things they do. I too am glad you found us.

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio

Jacqui said:
Hi Ann! Nice to officially meet and greet you.:D I have a BP currently. Would love to have a hognose, but when it's a choice between money going for a snake or for a tort, wellllll seems the torts win every time.:rolleyes:. I recall the hedgehog we had fondly too. Love the way they sorta vacuum up the food.:D

Sure gald you found us!!

Thank you!:D
I started my passion for snakes a few years ago when my oldest asked for a BP for her birthday. Now she has nothing to do with them and I can't get enough! LOL I actually received my male hognose (Kermit) as a gift from a friend and about 2 weeks ago picked up a tiny little female (Miss Piggy) to go with him someday. Maybe when they breed you will have your hoggie;).
The tort thing started at the reptile show in Tinley. I went to meet few people off another forum and one of them bought me a teeny tiny hatchling that I had fallen in love with...now I have 4:rolleyes:.
I can already tell this place will make me need MORE! lol

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio

Crazy1 said:
welcome Ann. When are you looking at graduating?
I am a psych nursing and have been able to take a few of my pets to work for some therapy sessions. Interesting how pateints interact with animals and how much they can change or open up with animals. I would like to continue my education and add animal behavioralist to my list of things to do and become. Love watching my torts and trying to figure out why they do the things they do. I too am glad you found us.

Thank you!:D
I have two quarters left after this quarter, that puts my graduation in June 2008. Not too long now, seems like it has taken forever!...but well worth it!;) I do my psych quarter next quarter, I am still not 100% sure what I want to do once I am done. I have always loved babies and children and I am in peds this quarter and having a great time. I always think about the kids with allergies who can't have furry pets and how wonderful it would be to educate them and theri parents about the benefits of having a pet, even if it is a pet without fur. My snakes and torts relax me as much as my puppies do.
That is so cool you are able to take your pets in to help!! I cannot wait to do that! I have a little chihuahua (Oliver Francis) who I planned on being my main therapy pet. He is a cuddler and I love it. It is like having a baby that never grows up and that you are legally allowed to cage. haha
Here is a pic of him when he was a pup playing with my husky (Sadie)..
puppy02.jpg

:cool:Thank you all for the warm welcome!:cool:

Stephanie Waltman

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hello everyone. I have a 10year old male, a 7year old female, 7 year old male, and two recently added 1month old hatchlings. Both of my kids love them

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

welcome to tfo, stephanie!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA

What a cute picture Ann. Looks like they both do great together.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA

Stephanie Waltman said:
Hello everyone. I have a 10year old male, a 7year old female, 7 year old male, and two recently added 1month old hatchlings. Both of my kids love them

Welcome to TFO Stephanie are your 10 yr old M and your 7 yr old m & F Humans or torts? What kind of torts do you have?:p

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ

HaHa Crazy1! I was wondering the same thing! Welcome Stephanie!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

:D:D I think we all are wondering. Really glad you found us...whatever it is you have.:D

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio

Thank you Crazy1, they are best friends. Oliver will just walk over and sit right on her head and she doesn't move and he uses her sometimes for a soft bed to lay on. They make an odd couple but pretty funny:p.

Welcome Stephanie!..and now you have us all wondering;).

Status
Not open for further replies.