introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bridgetsbirds

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
RE: Welcome to Tortoise Forum .org !

Hi, josh, I'm Bridget..I don't have any tortoise right now, but have owned sulcattas before..looking for a russian or another sulcatta in the Fresno area..already have a paddock and greenhouse for one..

LeopardLover

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hey Everyone. My name is JC and have a Leopard Tortoise and looking for another. But, I do breed and raise Leopard geckos. I can't wait to see the forum progress!!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona

AshelyStoliOzo said:
we are in lynnwood washington... due to our rainy weather stoli and ozo stay inside... i have no idea how old they are. i got them from my work. well i got stoli and my friend got ozo... any who... she got bored with ozo and gave her to me... i love her... she loves petts! she stretches out her neck so i can itch her, lol. i wish i knew how to tell their age. because when i had housed them together they were trying to breed. any one know how to tell age?

There is no sure way of aging a tort unless of course you know that hatching date. Post a pic with thier length and we could tell you more info.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona

Hello,
My name is Jen and I am from the hot Arizona Desert. I currently have 6 box turtles, 2 Russians, and 2 RES. I do have a wishlist for more of course :) I look forward to typing away.

bevak

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hi I have 2 leopards 1.2 and 3 russians 1.2
live in Alaska

hangten

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hi everyone, I live in Long Beach. I currently have 3 baby leopard tortoises. They're all about a year old named PeeWee, Cheech, and Chong. I also have one desert tortoise named Herbie and he's trying to destroy my yard. Not sure how old he is. Still trying to convince my husband we need more. This forum is great. Hope it takes off.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona

bevak said:
Hi I have 2 leopards 1.2 and 3 russians 1.2
live in Alaska

Hello and welcome. I wish I could convince my hubby to move to Alaska. What part do you live in??

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona

hangten said:
Hi everyone, I live in Long Beach. I currently have 3 baby leopard tortoises. They're all about a year old named PeeWee, Cheech, and Chong. I also have one desert tortoise named Herbie and he's trying to destroy my yard. Not sure how old he is. Still trying to convince my husband we need more. This forum is great. Hope it takes off.

Hello, and welcome. Good luck on convincing the hubby mine keeps trying to get rid of mine with no luck of course. I just bring them home and if my kiddos don't say anything he will never know. I know that probabley sounds bad but my hubby does not think anyone in AZ should have pets??

Welcome

SulcataPappa

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Stagecoach ,NV

Hi my name is Kevin. I live in Stagecoach, NV. I have 2 six month Sulcatas , a 1 year old soft shell turtle, and helping my 7 year old dauther with a red ear slider. My wife is getting 2 torts for xmas she just don't know yet I will let you know then what kind. [/color]

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona

Hello and welcome Kevin.

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California

I think softshells have a hard bite.7 is pretty young to have a turtle hope you dont get bit although you proably wont.And to change the color of the text you have to put the color before the text that you whant to change color try it again the test forum.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

Welcome to all of our new users! Glad to see everyone is enjoying the site. If you have any comments or suggestions, check out the Requests/Suggestions forum. If you have any questions dont hesitate to PM me or email me!

SIXTY_TOO

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Victorville, CA

Hi Josh
I am from California's high desert:cool: and found this forum on craigslist. What a great find! To let you all know about me; I belong to 3 children, 1 husband, 1 sulcata, and 2 dogs.:) Coming soon, a bearded dragon. Thanks Josh for having me.

malonemadness

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Good Morning Tortoise Lovers. I had a box turtle when I was little and loved it. My son has been asking for a turtle forever and I finally got him one. We purchased a Russian Tortoise from the pet store. I know I should have avoided the pet store. I know this now after reading the post but too late now. He seems ok and is eating fine. I have him outside in a huge courtyard along with a 30 year old tortoise that was recently given to me. I hope to learn more about them from this forum. I have a few questions that I will post later. As you can see my sons pet is really mine!!!!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona

Welcome malonemadness, enjoy your stay.

cocotrooper

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hi everyone I have 2 Russian tortoise. Daisy and Ty are there names we live in upstate New York.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

welcome to all the new folks like cocotrooper and malonemadness. i hope you enjoy the site. if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or click the AboutUs link at the top of every page

GroversMom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hi

I'm from Nevada. I have a 4 year old desert Tortoise. I've had him since he was a year old. I had a Tortoise growing up and have always loved them. Grover is pretty funny. he has always been very friendly and will come out when he hears your voice. I had two other babies at the same time but they didn't make it...when they are babies like that they are so hard to make sure all is good. They just wouldn't grow..they were so small. I knew they were eating I watched them...but one day they just didn't make it. But Grover is doing great...he always has...My son sent me the url...so of course I had to come check it out...I'll be reading more as I have time. *smiles*

DEBRA MERKLE

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

josh said:
Welcome to TortoiseForum.org. We strive to be the leader in tortoise (and turtle) discussions on the web, covering all topics as they are related to everything from the Cryptodira suborder. Our forums allow for in-depth and specific discussions which can be read by tortoise enthusiasts worldwide!

Register Now (it's free!)

I am Josh. I am the site admin/moderator/what-have-you. I love learning about tortoises and hope to someday have enough space to properly care for one.

Please use this space to introduce yourself (and your tortoises).

p.s. nice to meet ya!

DEBRA MERKLE

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hi,

I am Debbie. We have several tortoises, a male 14 year old sulcata weighing in at 90lbs, a 2yr old sulcata, a rescued adult female desert tortoise, and a three week old baby sulcata Baby T. I found your sight while visiting Craig's list.

We just recently adopted Hurcules the 14 year old Sulcata. He has most of the back yard to graze and roam around. I thought we allow him to choose where he would like to have his burrow. We lots of garden areas, lots of trees and shade. He seems to hang around in one of my gardens more than the others. He has dug several "nest" where he beds down in the heat of the day under a couple of bushes. These area are well shaded and damp. Should I build him a burrow? Will he use it?

Sincerely,

Debbie
Glendale Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.