introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Welcome to TortoiseForum.org. We strive to be the leader in tortoise (and turtle) discussions on the web, covering all topics as they are related to everything from the Cryptodira suborder (thats a fancy way of saying tortoises). Our forums allow for in-depth and specific discussions which can be read by tortoise enthusiasts worldwide!

Register Now (it's free!)

I am Josh. I am the site admin/moderator/what-have-you.
Please use this space to introduce yourself (and your tortoises).

T

Tortoise Mommy

RE: Welcome to Tortoise Forum .org !

Hi, Great idea...Wow i have already jumped in. This is wonderful i can not hold back my excitement. I have a Sulcata around 4 yrs old, i have had him for 2 years. So much fun.
I cant wait to hear everyones tortoise stories.

F

firewoman73

tortoise in bowl.JPGHi just saw an add on the Austin craigslist for this forum so I thought Id sign up. Im going to try to attach a picture of my tortoise when she was about 9 weeks old. She is now about 4 months old. Im looking forward to reading the post on this forum. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

welcome, tortoise mommy and firewoman73. great to have you here!

B

Bansh88

Hey! I'm in San Diego.
I have 2 Sulcatas, 2 Hermanns, 2 Deserts (1 baby, 1 adult)
I hope this site pops off. I'll post this in the 2 worthless Tortoise Myspace groups I'm in

K

Kyrazy

Bansh88 said:
Hey! I'm in San Diego.
I have 2 Sulcatas, 2 Hermanns, 2 Deserts (1 baby, 1 adult)
I hope this site pops off. I'll post this in the 2 worthless Tortoise Myspace groups I'm in

Bansh88 - do you keep your two deserts together? I'm asking because we already have a large older female (about 30 years and 14 inches long) that roams our yard and occasionally our house. We want another and I'm thinking of picking up a young (2yr old 10 inch) male. I'm concerned about how my old lady will do with a new companion.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

Welcome to Bansh88 and Kyrazy.
I love hearing about multiple-tortoise-homes. I fully intend on adopting as many tortoises as I can manage once I have enough space for them all to happily roam.

AshelyStoliOzo

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
lynnwood wash.

we are in lynnwood washington... due to our rainy weather stoli and ozo stay inside... i have no idea how old they are. i got them from my work. well i got stoli and my friend got ozo... any who... she got bored with ozo and gave her to me... i love her... she loves petts! she stretches out her neck so i can itch her, lol. i wish i knew how to tell their age. because when i had housed them together they were trying to breed. any one know how to tell age?

Tiffany

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Orlando Florida

Hi everyone! I am in Orlando Florida and right now I have 33 turtles and tortoises, the tortoises being 2 sulcata and a russian. I had 4 sulcata until about two months ago...they were all getting to big to have 4 around so two I got from someone up north who couldn't handle them went to a good friend and I still see them. I do still have a two year old male I bought, and a rescue from the Central Florida Zoo who is severly messed up {no fault of the zoo, they found him outside their gates, dropped off} I also have 3 iguanas, 1 blue tongue skink,2 bunnies,1 corn snake and a conure bird. Ask any questions you have and I hope to get to know everyone!

S

squirtle

My Sulcata is named Squirt (hence my sign in name!!!) and my Desert Tortoise is name Tomas (or Thomas if you are boring!!!). I also have a Red-Eared Slider that I found injured crawling across the street...her name is RK. For RoadKill. Yes, I have a sick sense of humor.

I had a young Sulcata that escaped before I put an automatic closer on the door to our garage from the back yard. I am still searching for him....it has been 5 weeks. I check the Animal Shelters online every few days, called Casa de Tortuga, and posted on Craigslist. If anyone has any other ideas, please share.

Attachments

• Tortoises032.jpg
    Tortoises032.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 104

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA

Hi, I am in the Inland Empire, California,
I have 2 Greeks, Ajax and Echo (about 13 yrs according to my reptile vet).
I also have 4 redear sliders, Eeney, Meany, Miney and Bo (they are about 8 months).
Heard about this group on Craigslist.
Glad to be here.

Attachments

• 85ab.jpg
    85ab.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 94

Tortmom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hello, I am new at this sort of thing. I got this forum from Corvallis,Or. Craig's list and I am excited. I have a baby sulcuta that is about 2 to 4 months old, not sure, I got him from a kid. I also have an Eastern box turtle I also I also got from another kid. I am lookig forward to getting some advise and also seeing what other people talk about.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

Welcome Tortmom, Tiffany, Crazy1, and AshleyStoliOzo! Thanks for joining our community

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI

Hi everyone . I live in WI and have a bunch of turts/torts . I too heard about this from CL.
see ya all around the board :)

Tortmom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Thank you I have found this forum entertaining so far.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

I have moved this forum from the General Discussion. Trying to get a little more organized...

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California

Hi Im new here I have one Hermans Tortoise named Humpfree.I live in Santa Cruz California.I hope to learn A lot and help people with other tortoises.

S

squirtle

josh said:
I have moved this forum from the General Discussion. Trying to get a little more organized...

It is looking great! Good job and thanks for starting this site!!!

Attachments

• Tortoises 035.JPG
    Tortoises 035.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Tortoises 045.JPG
    Tortoises 045.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.