Introducing my torts and I

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cali
[size=medium]ok, Hi tortoise and turtle lovers my name is Aaron and I am new to this world of tortoises, I had 3 sulcata hatchlings and bought a 4th one knowing the challenge that lies in my future but I know can do it because I will dedicate a part of my life to them, of course I will still have a life but I will still have the torts as a responsibility, even now that they are small and delicate and from what I have read on this forum, they require a lot of time and care and need to be watched a lot to make sure they are getting the right amount of hydration, food, humidity and other things that cant come to my mind right now, anyways, any input you have or anything you might have to share is welcomed, I will not turn down any advice, I can not even think of losing one of my torts, I am doing everything possible in taking care of them, I am a college student and am so limited on money haha but i have spent around 300 already for these tort babies besides what i purchased them for, i have bought seeds to grow a mix of weeds and grass, i have bought materials and wood to build an outside enclosure that they will be able to hide and eat in while soaking some so cal sun, I am making sure to give them the care they need, Im gonna up some pictures tonight( its rainy so they have been inside allday, If you spot anything I am doing wrong please tell, but not in a mean way D: lol, like i said I am new, and need help, I have bought cypress mulch for them so I can replace the substrat they have right now which is timothy hay, well I am going to introduce my torts now, they seem very happy and every morning when I give them their first daily soak 1 or 2 of them always leaves me a big surprise :D

without further ado here are my torts

excuse the cheap quality but i have to buy a new camera that is not a phone lol, any suggestions on an affordable camera are welcomed?

this is einstein( hes very tired btw, the blurry photos make all my torts look sick btw lol and theyre not, theyre just very tired and angry at me proably because i woke them up)
IMAG0708.jpg

this is the biggest one i have, even though hes part of the same batch as the other 2, the fourth one is small because hes from a younger batch
heres Altair(he gets close a blurry up photo for being awesome and big! lol)
IMAG0710.jpg

this one is still nameless but hes just as lively if not sleepy as the other 4
IMAG0712.jpg

this is the youngest of them all( about 12 weeks now( theyre all 14 or 15 weeks now) :) I have had them for around 1 month and 12 days
here he (or she) is :)
IMAG0711.jpg

and these are all 4( i bet theyre talking about how annoying i am for waking them up)
IMAG0713.jpg

one even decided to leave me a present( far right tort) lol
IMAG0714.jpg

this is them sleeping together under the awrm light and another one is being a loner and burrowing in the corner
IMAG0715.jpg

without the UVB bulb on
IMAG0716.jpg

Well thats it for now, I want a better camera to give you guys some good shots, so these are kinda embarassing, so yea I hope you enjoy this post :) thanks for stopping by and sorry for all the writing haha, oh and I am waiting on the new substrate to be delivered soon( the cypress mulch for humidity)
take care guys :)

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Hey, welcome to the forum! Your torts are awesome! Good luck!! :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Im glad you are changing thier substrate.. they are too dry and they cant get good traction on hay and newspaper.. they end up having trouble walking and being splay legged.
What is thier diet like?

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Welcome! What a cute sulcata bunch! Make sure you keep the humidity high and take good care of them :)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum.

So, Collage student with 4 baby Dinosaurs on the loose...hehehehe please tell me you have your own place and not in the dorm! This year will be easy....3 or 4 years down the road... you got a yard? A BIG Yard!

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Cali
Thanks guys, I have switched the substrate as of 3 days ago, i havent been online lol so I didnt check this thread, but yea its all good and dandy now :), the humidity is around 75 and they are eating and pooping like normal and seem lively thank God, they are sleeping near the basking spot because its freezing outside and the cold is getting in the house, im sure theyre all warm though :) thanks for your comments and concerns :)

Zamric said:
Welcome to the Forum.

So, Collage student with 4 baby Dinosaurs on the loose...hehehehe please tell me you have your own place and not in the dorm! This year will be easy....3 or 4 years down the road... you got a yard? A BIG Yard!

Yea its a houes, lol i wouldnt even think about having a dorm lol or i would be worried haha

Laura said:
Im glad you are changing thier substrate.. they are too dry and they cant get good traction on hay and newspaper.. they end up having trouble walking and being splay legged.
What is thier diet like?

oh ok noted :), yes its been changed for 3 days now, I know a diet consisting of only lettuce and mazuri isnt the best, but they wont eat anything else :(, I am currently growing their own special mix of grass and weeds sulcatas like, whats splay legged? is it contagious, lol just kidding haha, but yea i only have an idea of what it might mean :)

lushcious said:
Welcome! What a cute sulcata bunch! Make sure you keep the humidity high and take good care of them :)

Thanks! and yea I am checking that almost every 2 hours and its stable

Status
Not open for further replies.