Indoor pancake and elongated enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Near Disneyland
Love how you made the enclosures. It is a work of art! Your pancake and elongated look very much at home and happy.

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
Thanks again!

After having the torts living in their new enclosures for several days now, I find it very interesting that the pancakes are preferring to sleep in the plants on the more humid side, instead of under the rocks. I added that area to try to give them both a dry season and a rainy season in one enclosure. They are using both sides of the enclosure but are always in the more tropical area at night. I added a second thermometer/hygrometer (one on each end) to see the differences and the main overall difference is the tropical area is about 4 degrees cooler (ambient) and 7% higher in humidity. The ambient temp in the entire enclosure has not gone above 86 degrees at any time in the last 2 days. The humidity is settling down now but is still in the 70% range.

Any thoughts on this?

stasisdc5

5 Year Member
SoCal
sorry i don't have anything to say about the humidity but i just want to say that you built a great enclosure. *thumbs up*

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
Updated the waterfall to hide the rough edges. Percy had to come see what I was doing in his house. I think he approved :)
IMAG1942-1.jpg

IMAG1961-1.jpg

Couldn't leave out the pancakes!
IMAG1952-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.