New Elongated and Hatchling Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Well I had to add some enclosures to one of my buildings. Ive been on baby overload, and still waiting for some to hatch. As well as added a few elongated torts. The top two pens are 3x3 for the hatchlings. And the bottom enclosed pen is 6x3x3. I out a hole to the left as you can see in the photo for a mister unit to keep it super humid. Once the silicone dries on the glass It will be ready for occupants.

Not too bad for 200 bucks and a couple days of labor.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well heres the creatures living in their now. They are loving it. Especially the super humid bottom cage.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
It started at 85% and when I out the mulch and pine needles in then stabilized at 79%. Super muggy in there, but they are lovin it. Im gonna get a repti fogger at the NARBC show in a few weeks see how those work. Its pretty tight cage though, i unsulated the walls and siliconed the corners. the only gap is the sliding glass door.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Im hoping 85% plus and hold. Hope so at least. If not I will just put a misting system in there.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Oh yeah huge improvment. they were at 50ish percent before now they are really lovin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.