Indian Star youngsters

N

no one

There are lovely!! I have one Indian Star and two more on the way.

I must tell you Tortoises must not be kept in pairs as one will bully the other. With all the problems that come with it.

N

no one

Mine will have their separate enclosures, all three of them. You can find more info about not keeping pairs on the forum.

cyclopunx

But you think it is neccesary to seperate them from the beginning or just when they will be mature?

N

no one

Do your Indian Stars have names yet? I find it hard to come up with good names for mine.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
But you think it is neccesary to seperate them from the beginning or just when they will be mature?

In regard to your question about when to separate the two of them, here is an example of two sulcata tortoises I took in as rescues. These two were not just the same age, they were actually clutch mates.
The couple that gave them to me told me “how sweet it was always seeing them snuggle” (big sign of bullying) one ends up always with the best food, the best light and the best heat. IMG_0695.jpgthe smaller of the two has what I refer to as a “saddle back” due to the collapsed look of his carapace.

N

no one

They look so different then mine? Where do you live if I may ask? They are a darker yellow and their heads look a bit bigger.
One of my new ones has less yellow on his skin.

Did you read the threads I give you? Any new thoughts on housing them together?
Sorry for the questions, it is because I care. *smile*

cyclopunx

I live in Poland. Strong yellow may be because of camera little bit. I will build another terra to separate them soon.

N

no one

Then you have a better phone then I do. Lol

If you like you can see my babies in my threads. See the difference. You can find it on my profile page. The new babies photos are made by the the breeder.

cyclopunx

Then you have a better phone then I do. Lol

If you like you can see my babies in my threads. See the difference. You can find it on my profile page. The new babies photos are made by the the breeder.
I saw your photos already ;) cute babies

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
@*debora* what do you think about keeping more than couple together? Maybe i need one more ;)

Groups of 3 or more may succeeded in a very large enclosure with plenty of sight barriers ... as long as they are all roughly the same size and as long there is only one male (impossible to tell if they’re immature). However, even then there are no guarantees so you should only ever keep as many tortoises as you have room for kept entirely separately.

Any new tortoise must be kept entirely separately in quarantine for at least 6 months before introduction to others. This is to ensure no tortoise makes any other sick.