Improved box turtle enclosure

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Near Disneyland
Very beautiful! Love your plants you have in the yard. Have you thought of adding a small pond? My boxies love water. When it get dirty I spray out the water.
Your boxie is going to love their new diggs!

Great job! ? :tort:?

Cmv

Yuba City, California
Very beautiful! Love your plants you have in the yard. Have you thought of adding a small pond? My boxies love water. When it get dirty I spray out the water.
Your boxie is going to love their new diggs!

Great job! ? :tort:?
I like to think I’m doing something right. I have 2 gravid girls due to lay any day now so that makes me feel good about it all. I’ve been thinking about adding a shallow pond with filtration but I’m not sure how I’d get in power out there for a filter, but I have a few ideas kicking around in my head. Either way I have to do frequent water changes because of the hot California sun (and thanks to the pandemic I have nothing else to do) but it won’t be so much of an issue once the shade plants grow in.

Relic

Here
If you could find some flat stones/rocks to surround the water, it might cut back on the dirt the turtles drag into it...

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
Love the pen! I love how it's also part garden with the tomatoes! Box turtle pen that provides food! Lol

Cmv

Yuba City, California
Love the pen! I love how it's also part garden with the tomatoes! Box turtle pen that provides food! Lol
I have tomatoes, a grave vine, strawberries, cucumbers, and soon I’ll have summer squash planted. It goes to the turtles but of course I might end up eating some of what I harvest ?

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
I have tomatoes, a grave vine, strawberries, cucumbers, and soon I’ll have summer squash planted. It goes to the turtles but of course I might end up eating some of what I harvest ?
Love it! Gardening always comes in handy when you have turtles or tortoises ?