Ideas or pics of an outdoor pool for adult sulcata

Tortoise Rescue Brenda

Location (City and/or State)
Pflugerville, Texas
Please share your pics or ideas for an outdoor pool for my adult sulcata. What I have does not have a gentle enough slope for him to get in on his own so he does not choose to use it. I have seen the big kiddy pools with a side cut off and tilted down in the earth to allow for a deeper end. Any other, more sturdy ideas? We will be moving in 4 years so I don't want to put in a concrete pond now. I may later.

Thank you in advance for ideas.

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
I have a cover to a sand box buried in the ground. It works well for now but I also plan on making one out of concrete eventually
I am a newbie, and I have a question. On your signature...as well as other folks' signatures, I see a sort of number code...2:8:4 russians, etc. Can you explain to me what that means? Just curious! Thanks!

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
Please share your pics or ideas for an outdoor pool for my adult sulcata. What I have does not have a gentle enough slope for him to get in on his own so he does not choose to use it. I have seen the big kiddy pools with a side cut off and tilted down in the earth to allow for a deeper end. Any other, more sturdy ideas? We will be moving in 4 years so I don't want to put in a concrete pond now. I may later.

Thank you in advance for ideas.
Might be a little odd, but I wonder if an old satellite dish would work? Just bury it up to the edges and fill it slightly with water. The smaller ones are usually free on Craigslist all the time....

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
I am a newbie, and I have a question. On your signature...as well as other folks' signatures, I see a sort of number code...2:8:4 russians, etc. Can you explain to me what that means? Just curious! Thanks!
The numbers are for what sex torts you have, male, female, and unknown sex. 2 males, 8 female, and 4 unknown sex.