Ideas for a new setup!

Madeleine M

that is mine! i find having 2 different bedding's is best! alot of people say no to the light brown one i have.. but mine have had zero problems.. you could use hay

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm guessing your talking about for a baby tortoise? Here's a couple examples of my baby habitats:

Baby box turtles:
Baby Box Turtle 05-09-14 b.jpg

Baby desert tortoises:
baby desert tortoises 9-17-15 a.jpg

Baby leopard tortoises:
baby habitat 3-29-16 a.jpg baby habitat 3-29-16 b.jpg baby leopards 4-14-16 a.jpg

And a couple other examples:
baby habitat 11-26-14.jpg baby leopard enclosure 7-14-16.jpg baby tortoise bins a.jpg

Madeleine M

I don't have babies .. I've had mine for over a year .. but I don't know how old they were when I got them..
I need to know exactly what the lights everyone is using look like so I know for sure all my lights aren't CFL

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't have babies .. I've had mine for over a year .. but I don't know how old they were when I got them..
I need to know exactly what the lights everyone is using look like so I know for sure all my lights aren't CFL

We'd be happy to help you, but start your own thread so we don't hi-jack Popcorn's thread.

Madeleine M

I have one, it says Russian tortoise eye problems .. everyone is talking about nights on it !

Steve_carter

UK
This is my setup at the moment @Popcorns17 - This is for my Russian tort. - I even took a picture of the 'Torts' eyeview! haha!
Unfortunately my tort was not in the enclosure at the time as he was having his soak.

I built up the substrate to make a 'hill' over his hide. He loves it at the moment.

Attachments

• Photo 04-12-2016, 14 56 05.jpg
    Photo 04-12-2016, 14 56 05.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • Photo 04-12-2016, 15 03 26.jpg
    Photo 04-12-2016, 15 03 26.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • Photo 04-12-2016, 15 03 27.jpg
    Photo 04-12-2016, 15 03 27.jpg
    788 KB · Views: 21

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This is too small, too dry and improper water dish for an adult Russian. This size is good for a hatchling. The problem so far that I see is your tort has pyramiding, which is not as common in Russians as it is in other torts. 4x6 minimum is needed, with a larger water dish like a clay saucer and sunk level with substrate. If the OP is looking for a hatchling enclosure this size will work but not the substrate or water dish.

Oogway the russian tort

A good tortoise table would be the zoomed tortoise house on amazon it is about $100 its pretty big but im sure u can make a tortoise table by fliping over a book shelf good luck

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
A good tortoise table would be the zoomed tortoise house on amazon it is about $100 its pretty big but im sure u can make a tortoise table by fliping over a book shelf good luck

That zoomed tortoise house is only good for a hatchling size tort and it's not even great for that, due to the fact it's not set up for holding heat and humidity.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
@cmac3 i thought he was talking about a hatchling my bad

Im not sure what size the OP was asking about but that tortoise house needs to be closed up for a hatchling. I got one with my first tortoise hatchling and then spend a lot of time making it work. Zoomed needs to redesign it with all the new info how to raise hatchlings

Last edited by a moderator: