I need ideas for a outdoor enclosure

Tito17

I need ideas for an outdoor enclosure for my Russian tortoise, I would love to see pictures !!!

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North East
It would be so much easier to have an outdoor enclosure sticky that will not get locked so members could add pictures to the thread as time goes verses using the search. I bet there are some wonderful examples buried in the thousands of post.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jacqui made a nice thread combining lots of pictures from members' posts. I'm pretty sure its a sticky (Important Thread) in the Enclosure section.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
Yvonne G said:
Jacqui made a nice thread combining lots of pictures from members' posts. I'm pretty sure its a sticky (Important Thread) in the Enclosure section.

Thanks I will check it out!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I went through the enclosure section page by page. It was tedious, because some pics have been deleted. But I took my time and saw some great examples.
Jacqui's thread is a great start.

Tito17, what part of the world do you live in? What type of climate? Can they stay out year round?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: I need ideas for a outdoor enclosure

Yvonne G said:

Will this thread ever have more added to it?

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
Team Gomberg said:
Yvonne G said:

Can it be unlocked to add more ideas and pictures?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Team Gomberg said:
Yvonne G said:

Yes it will. :)

Tito17

lynnedit said:
I went through the enclosure section page by page. It was tedious, because some pics have been deleted. But I took my time and saw some great examples.
Jacqui's thread is a great start.

Tito17, what part of the world do you live in? What type of climate? Can they stay out year round?

I live in So Cal, it stays warm almost all year

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Team Gomberg said:
Yvonne G said:

Yes, Jacqui had planned to periodically add pictures to both the 'indoor' and the 'outdoor' habitat stickys. However, she's having problems with a slow computer, so she barely gets done with her regular mod duties and a bit of conversation and she gets fed up and turns the darned thing off.

Oops! Sorry...I should have read the whole thread before I jumped in with my answer. I didn't see Jacqui's response before I typed. Sorry, Jacqui.

And, Angela:

I use Google image search quite a bit, but for some reason, I never thought to do an image search on tortoise habitats. That's a great reference...thanks for the link.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Tito17 said:
I live in So Cal, it stays warm almost all year

You can leave your tortoise outside year round if there is a dry hide area that won't flood. A cold frame with access to an outdoor run works very well.
Heather (Team Gomberg)and Yvonne (Yvonne G) have Russians and live in California, many others on this forum.

Lucky!

Wow, Angela, that IS a great link!