I want a second tortoise

Donna/Turbo

Location (City and/or State)
Banner Elk, NC
I have a beautiful Sulcata (Turbo) but am thinking about getting a second tortoise that is smaller and can stay inside for the most part. I have looked at so many and can not decide. Would like some feedback from all the Tortoise lovers out there. I know people get passionate over a certain type of tortoise, so please give the specific reason you love this type of tortoise. Also if there is a breeder where I can get it from. I am hoping I don't have to go to the pet store for one. I live in Florida and I want a smaller breed with a great personality. There has been topics like this before, but not for a few years that I can find. Thanks

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I like russans myself. They are out going, likke mini sulcatas in my honest opinion. You can find adults annd hatchlings.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
This is really a personal thing. We have few different species and we love them all for all various reasons. Sorry!! I'm no help for you. :oops::oops:

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I know you said tortoise but have you looked into a boxie? They have great personalities too.

Donna/Turbo

Banner Elk, NC
I have been looking at the Red Foot. Not sure yet. I don't know why I keep going towards the Hermann or Hermanni. Not sure what the correct pronunciation is. They are so beautiful!!

Heather H

N.E. ohio
I like all of the testudo tortoises, I am getting a Hermanni from hermannichris.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I was going to suggest a red foot or hermanni for Orlando. I think you will be thrilled with either. I would get one from a breeder here on the forum, not a big broker house that gets them from anywhere and doesn't know about their individual histories. I don't know how you'd beat Chris for hermanni, but we several good RF breeders here on the forum.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I vote for Hermanns. Everything a Russian is, but much more beautiful. A Greek gets my second place vote with the Russians in third. I do have several Russians and have bred them, but still no real love for them. I certainly do not find them to be mini sulcatas in personality.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have been looking at the Red Foot. Not sure yet. I don't know why I keep going towards the Hermann or Hermanni. Not sure what the correct pronunciation is. They are so beautiful!!
Follow your heart, it has already given you the correct answer. :)