Adding a second tort?

Tort4u2love

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I know there have been many posts about not adding another tortoise due to bullying but I can't seem to find them. I was trying to help out somebody give them more information about adding a second leopard tort but I can't seem to find them and they're wanting to research it . If anyone could steer me to the right post I could copy and paste it on the facebook I would appreciate it. I have given them the tortoise forum the website but they can't find the post either

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
The thread I often refer to is written by Tom called Pairs. A quick search always brings it up for me...
I don't know how to link to threads while on the app. Hopefully a computer user will be along soon to link it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The back half of that thread has been deleted for some reason. For all the arguing, Jacqui and the others finally admitted that they agreed with me and that generally speaking, its best to not house most tortoises in pairs, and that advising people not to buy two russian or two sulcatas is generally good advice.

I hate it when things get deleted and people cant see the whole story...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tom said:
The back half of that thread has been deleted for some reason. For all the arguing, Jacqui and the others finally admitted that they agreed with me and that generally speaking, its best to not house most tortoises in pairs, and that advising people not to buy two russian or two sulcatas is generally good advice.

I hate it when things get deleted and people cant see the whole story...

I don't recall admitting that and since I do keep some pairs it would be a bit wrong for me to say that. I stand by it can be done, IF you do things right including have the right two animals. I also state that ANY time you add another tortoise to any group be it one or a 101 tortoises, you need to be ready for having to house them in another enclosure. This goes for down the line too, not just when you first put them together.