I live in paradise

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I had a beautiful view of our mountains yesterday, but I can't get good pictures of it no matter how hard I try!

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Robber Roost is what this outcropping of rocks is called. In the wagon days robbers on horse back would sit here and look out over the desert for victims. You can easily see over 900 square miles of desert floor from this point, 30 miles in each direction, this picture is taken from 10 miles away. There is a famous Wells Fargo shipment of gold that was lost here in a flood, still to this day treasure hunters scour the Desert for clues or treasure. It is easy to see a horse walking from 25 miles away due to the dust kicked up. Nowadays it's Dirt Bikers not horses traversing this landscape, this is also the area that the famous 20 Mule Teams went through from Death Valley.D8C605AD-92A3-4502-A24B-075BCD2836D0.jpeg

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Some pictures of our last taste of winterIMG_0735.jpeg
IMG_0736.jpeg
The Sleeping LadyIMG_0739.jpeg
IMG_0740.jpeg
Both of our children were the furthest kids from the High School, and the furthest bus stop. Today the bus did make it but that's not always the case.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
On our drive to get the “Expeditioner” we stopped at the visitor center to see the Desert Tortoise BobIMG_0808.jpeg
Of course he was hiding.IMG_0804.jpegIMG_0806.jpeg
IMG_0805.jpeg
True story: When I saw these Boards of info on the Desert I thought immediately of the forum, is that weird?
Figured you could zoom in on the computer screen and read the signs.