I got a new baby!! SULCATA

Michaela

Hey everybody, my name is michaela. It was my birthday a week ago and my parents suprised me with a baby sulcata tortoise! She came though the mail a few days ago she arrived very cold! I been researching and making sure I am doing everything I possibly can right! We already made a trip to the vet and she has a cold! She is on antibotics as we speak! I already have some info on how to get her better thanks to all you nice people! I hope to learn lots and thanks again for being so kind!!! And by the way her name is Hermione from harry potter

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Michaela hope your new baby is soon well - keep her warm!
Which part of the world are you in?

gg888

England
Welcome to the forum Michaela and Hermione! You're in the best place possible :)

Michaela

Hey everybody I live in northeast Mississippi! Thank you all for the warm welcomes I have been reading and learning as much as possible on here! She is starting to get better her strength is back and she is walking around alot more!! I am getting the stuff for her new habitat a big tub!! And I'm getting her a new light so she will be warm and toasty!! She is already so loved! I love to see her stretch when she is sleeping she just sticks her little back legs out in the air! I think she is warming up to me to! I was holding her user her light after her soak to get her warm .. and she pees on me!!! Hahah

Michaela

Here is her new updated home! She had a 125 watt heat lamp and a under the tank heater and on the other side is cool. I have a Che light for night time! She is just exploring all over the tub !

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I can't get it to post a pic:(

Are you using your phone?
If so, just hit the reply at the bottom and you will see the photo icon at the bottom and find your pic.
Medium and large size is best when it asked.

Michaela

Are you using your phone?
If so, just hit the reply at the bottom and you will see the photo icon at the bottom and find your pic.
Medium and large size is best when it asked.
Yes I am using my phone! I pressed on the little icon and it took me to a box that Said enter url! I have been pressing upload a file but it doesn't let me chose a older photo!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Yes I am using my phone! I pressed on the little icon and it took me to a box that Said enter url! I have been pressing upload a file but it doesn't let me chose a older photo!

Sorry, I can't help you:(
Hopefully someone will come along soon.

gg888

England
On my iphone, I tap the 'upload file' button. Then a black box comes up and I tap the 'upload file button' in the black box. It's a bit slow but it works eventually :)

mtdavis254817

10 Year Member!
Fyi if you are using the small animal vet in saltillo. Dont he is not as knowledgeable as he says. Might recommend vitamin injections, and other unnecessary medications. Unfortunately he is the only ""exotic"" vet in this area..

Michaela

Fyi if you are using the small animal vet in saltillo. Dont he is not as knowledgeable as he says. Might recommend vitamin injections, and other unnecessary medications. Unfortunately he is the only ""exotic"" vet in this area..

Hey I can't believe there is somebody around here on this forum! I have been keeping the heat up and doing warm soaks she takes the antibotics ok. She walks around all night long, but in the mornings she starts to suck into her shell and make a funny noise. My question is can the antibotics make her a little constipated? I think she only does this when she had to use the bathroom? Last time I gave her a warm soak and it came out?

Michaela

And yes I was using the one in saltillo! I didn't find this forum until after I already took her! I honestly was just trying to get my baby some help because I didn't know what to do! But I got her a new light and she is moving around she wouldn't move at all when I got her!