How often do you feed?

Dylanruenz

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Arizona
Just looking to gather opinions and experiences.

How often do you feed your tortoise (How many times a day or week)
How much do you feed your tortoise?

I have a 14.5" female and a 24" male that are separated, and I was just curious as to how much I should feed them. My female is in great condition, and has very little pyramiding. The male I just bought yesterday has small damage to the shell and I wish to repair it in the future.

Anyway, thanks guys, can't wait to hear from you!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I feed my tortoise every day. Why wouldn't I? Joe is an outdoor tort and grazes throughout the day on the weeds he finds as he would in the wild... when he is not basking/snoozing or attempting escape that is. I supplement with a few extra greens once a day if the weed supply is looking a bit thin on the ground and do that first thing usually.

Yorts would only not eat in the wild if there was a shortage.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I feed my tortoise every day. Why wouldn't I? Joe is an outdoor tort and grazes throughout the day on the weeds he finds as he would in the wild... when he is not basking/snoozing or attempting escape that is. I supplement with a few extra greens once a day if the weed supply is looking a bit thin on the ground and do that first thing usually.

Yorts would only not eat in the wild if there was a shortage.
I confused with your last line shortage in the wild ? Where they live they have green grass in the rainy season and in the dry season they have dry grass . Wild torts eat dry grass or green grass but they eat every day in the wild .

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
My sulcata is about the same size as your male. His pen is planted with several types of grasses, clovers, and plenty of weeds for him to freely graze on. I have a feeding spot where daily I leave opuntia cactus pads, grape and/or mulberry leaves, hibiscus flowers and leaves, grass hay, plants that aren't growing in his pen (I have a garden for these) like plantain and chicory, or some rose flowers from my wife's garden. Just whatever is available to supplement his diet. Sometimes it is a pile of mulberry leaves only and other times it is a mix of weeds, grasses, and Mazuri.