How much should my tortoise weigh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akp022

5 Year Member
Recently I noticed that my male Greek tortoise Aggie has been gaining some weight, I can tell just by looking at him. I took him to the vet in November and she said he was actually a bit underweight but I cannot remember what that weight was, I tried to feed him more because she told me that he wouldn't eat if he was full but as I said he looks like he may be gaining too much weight now. How do I know what a healthy weight is for my tortoise, I've searched all over the internet and I cannot find anything that tells me.

Mjdeisher

5 Year Member
A lot of determining if they are over weight has to do with their size. How long is he and how much does he weigh now? You could call your vet to find out what he did weigh. To see if my Greek is on track I always look for threads with people with Greeks. I look for similar size and ages.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
I bought a scale that you would use in the kitchen to weigh my kids. And I agree, the best way to determine weight is to just measure yours and look at what other peoples tort the same size weigh. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.