How do you all feed Mazuri, wet or dry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

helenab

5 Year Member
How long can you keep it out for if it is wet? and how many times a week do you feed it to them? Thank you so much.

LeroyLeft

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct
I feed my two red foots mazuri soaked in warm water , letting it get soft throughout, they love it,I WORRIED if the mazuri was to hard they would choke. they eat like pigs and try to swallow whole.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I like the idea of soaking it to help keep them extra hydrated! That's what I would do if I fed it :)
Plus Nelson is a trainwreck and I guarantee he would try to eat it whole :rolleyes:

jdub

5 Year Member
My big babies usually like them soaked with warm water. I also feed them some romaine lettuce in the mornings. I agree with ChiKat with keeping them hydrated because never once have i ever seen my torts drink from the water pan.....hope that helps! =)

helenab

5 Year Member
with it being wet how long can you keep it out? Does it go bad?

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
I soak mine as well. If feeding wet.... I usually get rid of it within 3-4 hours. It tends to spoil and smell pretty gross after that.

chairman

10 Year Member!
Mississippi
I generally put the food in the enclosure dry and then spray it down well while I am misting the enclosure. Most of my tortoises race over to grab the mazuri and eat it only partially softened, so the crunchy center does help keep their beaks worn a bit. My substrate bugs tend to take care of leftovers, but I clean out any remaining bits before I add new.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
helenab said:
How long can you keep it out for if it is wet? and how many times a week do you feed it to them? Thank you so much.

Mine always eat every morsel so I don't ever have to remove any but if they did not finish it off I would only leave it an hour or two. I feed mazuri once a week. Some feed more often, it's really up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.