Hermanns tortoise making noises

Fujininja

5 Year Member
Hi, I've started to realize that my 6 month old tortoise is making noises. Every once in a while he reaches his head up and squeaks. He also makes a noise that sounds like sneezing which concerns me. Thank you.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Hi, I've started to realize that my 6 month old tortoise is making noises. Which concerns me. Thank you.
Greetings and welcome. Can you please provide us with,(to help us help you and your tortoise) these four(4) temps.? Cool side-day and night, warm side-day and night and the baking spot? Yes, it seems like 3 or 5 but who's counting? Also these readings should be at the tortoise level not the top of the habit. Can you also include a photo or 2 of the enclosure to enable us to have a better understanding? Thanks.

Fujininja

5 Year Member
Greetings and welcome. Can you please provide us with,(to help us help you and your tortoise) these four(4) temps.? Cool side-day and night, warm side-day and night and the baking spot? Yes, it seems like 3 or 5 but who's counting? Also these readings should be at the tortoise level not the top of the habit. Can you also include a photo or 2 of the enclosure to enable us to have a better understanding? Thanks.
Sure, the Hottest area during day is around 95 degrees under his basking area, and the coldest is about 70 degrees. At night he has an infrared basking area which is around 75 degrees and the coldest area at night is around 65 degrees. Here is what his enclosure looks like

Attachments

• IMG_2292.JPG
    IMG_2292.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 15

Fujininja

5 Year Member
IMG_2291.JPG IMG_2291.JPG IMG_2290.JPG IMG_2288.JPG IMG_2287.JPG IMG_2284.JPG IMG_2291.JPG IMG_2291.JPG IMG_2290.JPG IMG_2288.JPG IMG_2287.JPG IMG_2284.JPG
Sure, the Hottest area during day is around 95 degrees under his basking area, and the coldest is about 70 degrees. At night he has an infrared basking area which is around 75 degrees and the coldest area at night is around 65 degrees. Here is what his enclosure looks like
IMG_2291.JPG