Hello :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennedy98

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hey guys, I plan on getting a red footed tortoise and I am doing my reserch before I am getting it :) this website seems to be really cool and helpful I hope you guys can help me :).. A little about myself I am 14 years old I am a male and I live in Massachusetts and I already know that tortoises live for a very long time and I ahve a plan for the future. I already did alot of reserch but you can never get enough right?? ;)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome to the forum, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Hello and welcome. Sounds like you are doing the right thing by doing your research first, and then making your decision.

Are your parents on board with the idea? Are they planning to help with the financial part? (Food, supplies, vet bills etc)

Good luck.

Kennedy98

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Thanks for the welcomes! and Yes my parents are on bored and yes they are going to help with the financial part:) Do you guys have any questions for me?

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Welcome to the forum:) One more member from Mass :D ther was a baby red foot on craigs list last week

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan

Kennedy98

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I was wondering when I do get a tortoise where should I get it from? I don't want to get it from petco or Petsmart. Do you know if there is a website that sells them? or maybe a breeder in New England?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kennedy98:

Good for you (on doing your research first). Be all ready before you get one. Way to go!!

Welcome to the forum! May we know your name?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sean:

To answer your question, we have several forum members who raise redfoot tortoises. If you peruse the "for sale" section you will see their names. Then you can take your time and decide where to go.

Kennedy98

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Thanks everyone for the welcomes! I will check the "for sale" section. Do you guys know a reptable ( I'm sorry if I spelt that wrong) website that sells tortoises?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The folks who advertise here are reputable. There's usually a big ad for Tortoise Supply at the top of most of our pages here. Tyler of Tortoise Supply is one of our members and has a good reputation. Allegraf sometimes has redfoots for sale. Redfoot Nerd of Turtletary.com sells redfoots. Matt41gb sometimes sells redfoots. I usually try to stay away from naming names because I don't want it to seem like I'm playing favorites. I'm sure there are more, but these are all I can think of at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.