Status
Not open for further replies.

Mykel

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sunvalley NV
Hello my name is Michael i live in sunvalley NV and although i have had many differnt kinds of family members such as snakes, frogs, toads, fish, taranchulas, dogs, and cats. But i have never had a tortoise. i am getting my very first red foot this weekend. i have done alot of reserch and am pretty well prepared, the only thing i am not totally sure on is how often to feed:tort:[/font]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Michael:

Welcome to the Tortoise forum!!

I feed my babies once a day, more than they can eat. I leave the food there all day long. It gets pretty dried out as the day wears on, but they still pick at it in the evening before going to bed.

I feed my adult tortoises once a week, and they have weeds and grasses to graze on otherwise.

Be sure to post some pictures when you get your new tortoise.

Mykel

5 Year Member
Sunvalley NV
thanks i have an indoor habitate put together but its open top so to keep it more humid i was gona mist it with a spray bottle is that a good idea

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
welcome to the forum!
Congrats, you can keep up the humidity by spraying the whole enclosure with a squirt bottle, or
purchasing a humidifier or mister.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Do you have him yet?? huh do ya??? :D Welcome! Sounds like you should be having a great weekend with lots of exciting things going on.

Mykel

5 Year Member
Sunvalley NV
Jacqui said:
Do you have him yet?? huh do ya??? :D Welcome! Sounds like you should be having a great weekend with lots of exciting things going on.

Here He/She is His/Her name is Solace:tort: Picture 419.jpgPicture 418.jpgPicture 417.jpgPicture 416.jpgPicture 415.jpgPicture 414.jpgPicture 413.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
How big is Solace? Can you take a picture showing the top of her head? I was wondering what the pattern is up there after being intrigued by the view of it in the first picture. ...and CONGRATS!!!! :D

Mykel

5 Year Member
Sunvalley NV
Jacqui said:
How big is Solace? Can you take a picture showing the top of her head? I was wondering what the pattern is up there after being intrigued by the view of it in the first picture. ...and CONGRATS!!!! :D

thanks here r some top picsPicture 420.jpgPicture 421.jpgPicture 422.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.