Hello from Toms River, NJ , New to Torts

Tortle10

Hey all, my handle is Tortle10, from Toms River NJ. I just acquired an eight year old female Russian, it was actually a rescue. I have been around reptiles most of my life, mainly snakes, now I have this Tort and there are a few questions I need answered. Her fecal matter seems to be quite watery; feeding her Kale, Romain, collards, and occasionally broccoli. D3 powder, and reptivite. Thanks for the help. Tortle10 (Bob)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn and share. Good to have you here. Welcome.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello and welcome, go to the Tortoise Diet and Food forum on this site and then into the' Food for desert dwelling types of Tortoises' and 'Desert Tortoise Food Guidelines' sub forums for better ideas on your tortoise diet.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Bob, and welcome to the Forum! When the sun starts shining and you can put her outside to graze on broad-leaf weeds and plants, the feces will firm up. In the mean time, you might try offering Zoo Med Grassland pellets, moistened, and see if she'll eat that. Grocery store greens always make Russian tortoise poop a little loose (and quite stinky).

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Bob welcome to the TFO from AZ . Russian torts rule ! Leave it to @ Tom to have a whole town in NJ . If your tort won't eat Zoo Med grind it up and sprinkle it over spring mix it will absorb the water that makes the mix go bad and the mix will last longer . :) that's what I do !

Tortle10

Hi Bob, and welcome to the Forum! When the sun starts shining and you can put her outside to graze on broad-leaf weeds and plants, the feces will firm up. In the mean time, you might try offering Zoo Med Grassland pellets, moistened, and see if she'll eat that. Grocery store greens always make Russian tortoise poop a little loose (and quite stinky).
Thanks
Hello and welcome, go to the Tortoise Diet and Food forum on this site and then into the' Food for desert dwelling types of Tortoises' and 'Desert Tortoise Food Guidelines' sub forums for better ideas on your tortoise diet.
Thanks, i"ll check it out.

Tortle10

Hello Bob welcome to the TFO from AZ . Russian torts rule ! Leave it to @ Tom to have a whole town in NJ . If your tort won't eat Zoo Med grind it up and sprinkle it over spring mix it will absorb the water that makes the mix go bad and the mix will last longer . :) that's what I do !

Hey grandpa, thanks for the tip. Rite now she turns her nose up at anything that has Zoo Med on it. Definitely knows what she wants and doesn't want, lol

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hey grandpa, thanks for the tip. Rite now she turns her nose up at anything that has Zoo Med on it. Definitely knows what she wants and doesn't want, lol
Torts are a lot like kids you haft to fool them in to eating what's good for them )candy is easy for kids and fruit is easy for torts but not good for them )