Hello from a Tortoise Forum Newbie

BP12

5 Year Member
Hello my name is Bryan and I live in San Diego, Thank you for adding me to the club.

We just purchased a new home with a perfect area for a large enclosure for Desert Tortoise.

I will be asking advice of all the experts on this site to do everything correctly and in the best interest of my pets.

Thank you again

Bryan

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Bryan, and welcome to the Forum!

Desert tortoises are the greatest!!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Hello my name is Bryan and I live in San Diego, Thank you for adding me to the club.

We just purchased a new home with a perfect area for a large enclosure for Desert Tortoise.

I will be asking advice of all the experts on this site to do everything correctly and in the best interest of my pets.

Thank you again

Bryan

Welcome Bryan!!
I'm in San Diego and I just received an email from the San Diego Turtle and Tortoise Society. They are desperate to find homes at the moment! They received a ton of tortoises this spring. You could adopt one from them. I can forward you the info if you want?

Kathy

BP12

5 Year Member
Welcome Bryan!!
I'm in San Diego and I just received an email from the San Diego Turtle and Tortoise Society. They are desperate to find homes at the moment! They received a ton of tortoises this spring. You could adopt one from them. I can forward you the info if you want?

Kathy
Hi Kathy, I will inherit a couple of tortoises soon, currently scrambling to get an area built for those. One of my first questions to the club is how many tortoises can one person own at a time?

Don’t have a problem with more, so please forward all info. Thanks Bryan

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Hi Kathy, I will inherit a couple of tortoises soon, currently scrambling to get an area built for those. One of my first questions to the club is how many tortoises can one person own at a time?

Bryan, I will forward it tomorrow.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
You can keep as many tortoises together as you wish, but never pairs and never mix species.
Ideally, they should all have separate enclosures, but groups can work with some tortoises.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
You can keep as many tortoises together as you wish, but never pairs and never mix species.
Ideally, they should all have separate enclosures, but groups can work with some tortoises.
This in entirely dependent on having sufficient space. 32 square feet is a minimum for 1 tortoise, so you need a lot more for 3 or more

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
This in entirely dependent on having sufficient space. 32 square feet is a minimum for 1 tortoise, so you need a lot more for 3 or more
Quite right, of course.
The more torts, the more room is necessary to house them.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Bryan, I didn't forget about you!
I deleted my info from my phone and my computer is acting up so I can't find the email.