Hello Everyone! From a New Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Do you do your website work yourself? I think it is a very cool looking site. I did not spend a lot of time there exceot for the tort section. Do you sell the birds you raise? or is it just a hobbby? just curious.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Tommy: On your tortoise site you mention that you "bought" your female desert tortoise. Its against the law to buy/sell desert tortoises. You need to change that word maybe from "bought" to "got."

Yvonne

TommyVT05

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
San Diego, California
emysemys said:
Tommy: On your tortoise site you mention that you "bought" your female desert tortoise. Its against the law to buy/sell desert tortoises. You need to change that word maybe from "bought" to "got."

Yvonne

Yvonne!

How are you? Thanks for your concern. I got her when I was like...14 / 15 years old? That is my first time at tortoises and know nothing about it. Well...go figure right? :D This old man said he got lots and would sell them to me for just $20 each so I bought them from him with my allowance money back then. Since I was a minor then and I got it on my own...would that still be considered illegal? I mean...I was 15!!! :rolleyes: I talked to my local tortoises society and said it was ok as long as I know now to not either sell her or buy anymore because I am not 20, I should know better! Haha.

- Tommy

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, it doesn't matter how old you are or were. Its illegal for him to sell them and its illegal for anyone to buy them. Just for your own safety, I would change the word "bought" on your web site.

Yvonne

TommyVT05

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
San Diego, California
emysemys said:
Yes, it doesn't matter how old you are or were. Its illegal for him to sell them and its illegal for anyone to buy them. Just for your own safety, I would change the word "bought" on your web site.

Yvonne

Yvonne,

Ohhhh. Ok. You know more than me so I will take your advice. Thanks for looking out! : ) I am making the change as I am writing this. But anyways, I wasn't trying to say I am against what you are saying - I am very happy that you pointed that out rather - but I just wanted to let you know I knew nothing then an as naive as I was then, I thought someone who is selling something like that for $20 was so so cool! Haha. But yeah, I know where to get more now "legally" but I prefer not to because its a lot of work to maintain...I will just stick to what I have now.

Anyways...how about you...what do you have at the moment? :D

- Tommy

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
TommyVT05 said:
Anyways...how about you...what do you have at the moment? :D
- Tommy

I have my own collection of desert tortoises, Aldabrans, water turtles, Manouria, Leopards, a 100lb + sulcata, and lots of box turtles. Then on the rescue side, I have several male 3-toed box turtles, several hatchling desert tortoises and a few hatchling Texas tortoises. These would LOVE to find new homes!!!

Yvonne

TommyVT05

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
San Diego, California
Is is still warm where everyone's @?

Here, still running aroung the upper 60's to the lower 70's during the daytime. I'm loving it! And so are my tortoises!!! Haha

- Tommy

J

jamessens

This is James.
I am newbie here and looking for something extra and outstanding stuff. Tortoise forum.org is one of the nice medium to share what we have. My hobby is to search the net and to share information on the net in between the secure users of the same or different site. Your idea and views are acceptable to me.
Thanks and regards.

TommyVT05

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
San Diego, California
Hello Everyone!!!

Today is my BIG DAY!!! Its my 21st B-Day!!! Turning 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! I am sooooo happy!!! Yet...I feel so old. Haha!!!

- Tommy

TommyVT05

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
San Diego, California
Hello,

Thanks Spike & Everyone! It was awsome : )
Going to Vegas in the Summer!!! Haha. Only kidding

- Tommy

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
England
Hello, i just wanted to say i really like you site. Is that a male pheasent on the front page? I had no idea they were rare in california, or even other parts of the world. We have lots here, probably too many. In fact, i have memories of having pheasents in our old house which had been shot on boxing day and were then plucked and eaten... in fact i should probably not say that as it might offend you in some way. If it does, i apologise.

Status
Not open for further replies.