Hello Tortoise Forum Members :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandeep

5 Year Member
Hello Tortoise Forum Members,

I'm Sandeep from India. I love all pets and i have been owning many like love birds, cockatiels, rabbits, hens, dogs(great dane and pomeranian), pigeons and aquarium fishes.

Last week i got a baby tortoise and loved to join TortoiseForum to get all my silly doubts cleared regarding my baby tortoise, as i'm a newbie growing them i really need help of all the members here.

I'll get the pics of it soon to you all and I would really like you all to suggest a name to my baby tortoise!

Thank You,
Sandeep. :) :) :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Sandeep!

2726611ns3kgbc4xa.gif

to the forum!!

I caught a bit of your enthusiasm from your post. Glad to see you so excited about having a tortoise. May I ask, what kind is it?

Sandeep

5 Year Member
Hello :),

Thanks for that, I'm going to upload the pics soon (my cam has broken :( last week and i'm going to get a new one :)) and I'm not sure of its breed.

Can help me identifying its breed by a similar pic :rolleyes:

I'm attaching a pic i got from google which is exact to my tortoise.

Please let me know its breed i'll be very happy! I can't wait till i get my cam to know its breed. :)

Thank You,
Sandeep.
Tortoise.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JourneyTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
If your 'baby tortoise' is the exact same as the pic attached to your last post then what you have there is a turtle. Not sure what kind but I am sure someone will be able to identify it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a water turtle, Sandeep. He needs to be kept in an aquarium half filled with water and with a landing area where he can get out of the water and sit under a light to warm up. They eat live food plus water plants or veggies.

Sandeep

5 Year Member
Hello Yvonne,

Thank You very much for that info on by baby turtle. I've already added a rock(landing area) on which he's enjoying him time mostly.

I'll be happy if you suggest a name for him :)

Sandeep

5 Year Member
Hi,

"Leo" would be great!!!

Can anyone of you tell me the maximum size it is going to grow and any idea on finding its sex? I would really appreciate some suggestions :)

Thank You

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
California, central coast
Post a new thread in the forum for your questions. There are some very experienced keepers on here and I'm sure they'll help you! I like 'Leo' too but I'm partial because mines 'DonaTello!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Welcome Sandeep! :D

I agree with Jill that you should post photos and future questions in the "Turtle Talk" section of the forum, so you will get lots of answers and advice on how to take good care of "Leo". :p

Congratulations on your new friend. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.