Hatchling with bubbles on his nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercurysmom

5 Year Member
My sulcata baby is about 4 months old. For the past 2 weeks, he's been less active, and on Thursday I noticed his nose was running. Yesterday I completely changed their home; from an open top tub that could only get to about 85 degrees to a terrarium, so that I could keep him warmer. The warmest area is about 95-100 Fahrenheit and the coolest is 80-85. Im keeping the humidity at 80%. daily soaks as well. Hes still eating well. But today his runny nose has become bubbly. I've been told that the most common solution is warmer temps, so how long should I wait for him to improve before I get worried?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I would not start to worry until he stops eating, though of course the sooner he can see a vet the better his chances for beating what sounds like an RI.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Opinions vary on this. My preference is to find and eliminate the CAUSE of the problem, rather than use harsh medicines to deal with the symptoms. Your temps sound perfect where they are right now, but for eliminating an already in progress RI, I would bump them up another ten degrees or so for the next few weeks. Just make sure you are soaking daily to insure that he does not become dehydrated with the hotter temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.