Clear bubbles in Nose

baker27

5 Year Member
Gus has been on antibiotics ( Fortaz) for 2 weeks now for URi. At first he had wheezing and what sounded like a cough. That has cleared up but now he has clear nasal discharge coming out of his nose which he didn't have at the beginning. This just started about 3 days ago. Is there something I could do for that. I keep trying to wipe his nose. His temps have been raised since he has been sick, steady 83 around his enclosure basking 95. He is eating well again but hasn't pooped in about a week either.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
What kind of tortoise is he? The 83 might be a bit low, but I'm not sure. Hopefully, someone else chimes in. Warm water soaks help with stimulating poop. So do car rides. How has your little guy been eating?

baker27

5 Year Member
He is an Ibera. He is now on another round of antibiotics. Was wondering if I could somehow help him clear his nose? I keep wiping it for him. It doesn't seem plugged but he has clear mucus coming out. His temps are about 95 under basking and keeping it at a constant 85 all around now.

baker27

5 Year Member
What kind of tortoise is he? The 83 might be a bit low, but I'm not sure. Hopefully, someone else chimes in. Warm water soaks help with stimulating poop. So do car rides. How has your little guy been eating?
I'm soaking him twice a day and he has finally poop but I also think he's been eating it too. His appetite is definitely getting better. He's back to eating twice a day.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
The recovery from URI can be long and slow. All you can do is keep your tort warm and soak frequently... on top of following your vet's instructions to the letter re meds, etc

Good luck :)