Hatchling problem! :(

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston
Hi everyone! So I noticed this yesterday and am starting to get worried. I’ll attach picture below.
He’s just about 2 months old. Very active , great appetite. But he has these bumps or something under his chin.
Thanks you!

38953CFA-A06C-4EAC-8A3A-E17DAA57AE14.png

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi everyone! So I noticed this yesterday and am starting to get worried. I’ll attach picture below.
He’s just about 2 months old. Very active , great appetite. But he has these bumps or something under his chin.
Thanks you!
Not exactly sure what bumps you mean. It all looks normal to me.

Duckster RT

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CT New Haven.
Thanks you!

zovick

10 Year Member!
I see them.....not sure what they are really.

View attachment 298518
Now I see them, but I don't know what they may be either. I'd say just keep doing what you have been doing for raising the tortoise and watch to see if they get any larger, seem to cause the tortoise any pain, or start oozing a discharge. If not, maybe they will just disappear or become less noticeable as the tortoise grows.

Duckster RT

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CT New Haven.
I would keep it clean and keep an eye on it. My RT has a small skin flap. It had to grow some point. Hopefully it’s not serious. Best wishes.

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Boston
Thank you everyone for your advice! I think I’m gonna put him back on paper towels for the next few days. See if it clears up