Hatchling not gaining much weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
Thanks Robyn, I'll pick up some Vita Sol in the next few days. Can this be found at a regular pet store? (Petco etc)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
ChiKat said:
Thanks Robyn, I'll pick up some Vita Sol in the next few days. Can this be found at a regular pet store? (Petco etc)

Yes, in the bird section.

Yvonne

KapeZer

5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:
Hi Katie, I have a Greek that is smaller than most, she is active and eats just not lots. I do keep a close eye on her and she has been dewormed so no bugs. I also soak mine in the same liquid bird vits as Maggie and Yvonne, Vita Sol by 8 in 1. I have found suggestions on the net that say they can lose or not have specific bacteria in their guts that allow them to digest food and get the nutrients out of them like they should and in that case you would give benabac. Its kindof like us eating yogurt. I just started her on it so we will see. Also the Jackson Ratio is for all Testudo's including:

I am eating yogurt for a long time .,This is one of my favorite food but I always said to myself is my size and weight change or not.,

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
KapeZer said:
Crazy1 said:
Hi Katie, I have a Greek that is smaller than most, she is active and eats just not lots. I do keep a close eye on her and she has been dewormed so no bugs. I also soak mine in the same liquid bird vits as Maggie and Yvonne, Vita Sol by 8 in 1. I have found suggestions on the net that say they can lose or not have specific bacteria in their guts that allow them to digest food and get the nutrients out of them like they should and in that case you would give benabac. Its kindof like us eating yogurt. I just started her on it so we will see. Also the Jackson Ratio is for all Testudo's including:

I am eating yogurt for a long time .,This is one of my favorite food but I always said to myself is my size and weight change or not.,

Is benebac the same probiotic Joe puts in his TNT?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
ChiKat said:
I weighed Nelson today and he was 50 grams!! He has definitely been eating more, and he will walk over to his tile to let me know when he's hungry.

Sounds like ha has trained you well, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.