hard water stains

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area
Hello,

I have a glass aquarium with hard water stains in it..does anyone know how to scrub them out?...

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I have tried many different things to clean what you are dealing with, the best I have found for me is single edge razor blades,glass cleaner, and elbow grease. Len

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Turtlechasers said:
As a chemist we use nitric acid to clean glass ware...

:)

Turtulas said:
I have tried many different things to clean what you are dealing with, the best I have found for me is single edge razor blades,glass cleaner, and elbow grease. Len

:)

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
If there is a janitorial supply company nearby that sells window cleaning supplies they may have a product named Glastec. Among its ingredients is sulfuric acid. Sounds strong but really is mild enough to use without heavy rubber gloves. There are other similar products, but after 15 years in the window cleaning business Glastec is the one I prefer. You will also need a scrubbing pad to apply the Glastec, or other product, and the pad should be red or white plastic. Other color scrubbing pads may be too abrasive and actually scratch the glass.

Kyoki

5 Year Member
Orlando, Florida
plain white vinegar always works for mine. Cheap and easy to find. Also deodorizes and is safe for use around animals. I use it to clean all of my pets cages. Love the stuff. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.