Dirty leg question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston / Webster, TX
He guys, does anyone have a problem with their torts cleaning it's mouth off on it's front legs? My Darwin is always wiping his mouth on his legs and it leaves dark stains. I try to scrub them with a tooth brush when he is in the tub but it doesn't work very well. It's not really a big deal but it's just ugly! Anyone know of any tricks that might help? Here is a pic to show what I mean...

Attachments

• 0000.jpg
    0000.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 116

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Casselberry
I guess my guy is spoiled....he walks up to me, face a mess, I'll clean it by wiping it off with my finger or a qtip and then he goes back to eat some more and the process continues lol.... I would suggest to just wipe it when u see him eating , when he gets messy before he has a chance to wipe on his arms

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
ICUSleeping said:
I guess my guy is spoiled....he walks up to me, face a mess, I'll clean it by wiping it off with my finger or a qtip and then he goes back to eat some more and the process continues lol.... I would suggest to just wipe it when u see him eating , when he gets messy before he has a chance to wipe on his arms

Haha! Must be nice? Darwin won't let me do that. He will suck up inside his shell and hiss at me. Only time he lets me touch his head is when he is in the bath.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
All of my tortoises clean there faces with there front legs.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Kim444

5 Year Member
My kids do that on their shirts, grrrrr...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've never noticed or done anything about that. I just squirt my tortoises off after a soak and leave them as they are. Now I need to go look at them to see if they have the same thing.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Both my tort do that. It's natural, so I don't worry about it.

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Hermann's [TURTLE][TURTLE] & Aussie [DOG FACE][DOG FACE][DOG FACE] (@YWG)

Status
Not open for further replies.