Gun ownership thread (GUN CONTENT)

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Careful with that. You could take an eye out
I laughed when I read this. To make a long story short, Back in 1969 I was squirrel hunting and did loose an eye and knocked flat on my *** by a 12ga shot gun. Not self inflicted though. Still carry some number 6 shot in my head.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
By my memory, that would make you about the youngest member of the PLA....cause they be some oldfarts by today!

I hadn't thought about ole Patty in some time. I was never quite sure what to make of that whole "deal" in the News but if I trust my gut feeling, this was my take on it;
"The FBI said she didn't know them, ok, then she "kinda" was willing because she was a sub, or leaned that way, the guys simply spotted it, whether they realized it for what it was at the time. Most didn't understand the whole sub/dom personality and how to use it, thing back then, it was more of a subconscious thing."

Then she simply helped her new boys to Dad's money....

Naw, you ain't no Patty, Mags.....put another way, she's no match for you....besides, your Drama-reducer looks comfy in your arms, not forced and awkward like she looked holding a weapon. We can all tell on TV when an actor isn't comfy with a weapon b/c it's pretty obvious when they aren't a "shooter"....lol
besides I thought you were "old fat and ugly", your words, not mine.....??? F.....if that's the bar for old fat and ugly, I'm SCREWED!

PSlimo, what is the circular mag btwn your ammo cans? Is that a short shell shotgun sweeper?

Here, we use the sweet little 60rnd mags for the AR's, not so sure everyone still gets to get those. They feed sweetly, weight is in a good place and are good to practice with cause we're all reaching for the largest mags when we see the sky light up<LOL>!

THAT is one BADASS piece Len, wow. I assume from your words that you are not reloading which makes each shot a very precious commodity. Very cool!
I have plenty of ammo, both +p and the 38 standard auto reloads. Found a guy that reloads to the standard specs in Virginia Beach. Back about 6,or 7 years ago when 22 ammo was hard to almost impossible to find I was I was trading 22s for 38 autos. Also gave a bunch of 22s to people that bought 22 rifles for their kids and couldn't find ammo for them learn learn gun safety. My kids and grandkids have all had a 4.10 shotgun before they were born.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I didn't realize so many other people had BB gun wars too. We had rules:
1. 2 pumps only. Yes Kevin, I'm talking to you! Severe penalties for any violations of this one. Parents didn't like fishing out BBs under the skin.
2. No face shots.
3. No crotch shots, if you can help it...

Glasses? That kind takes the fun out of it, doesn't it?

To this day, every kid who played with us knows how to use cover and concealment effectively. You did NOT leave that elbow or knee sticking out if you didn't want it shot!!! This translated very well to paintball years later for me, and finally to force on force training with Simunitions. Pain is a good teacher.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Z- get one, you won't hurt them unless you Put an Eye Out! You really won't, but it will scare the heck out of them! They may change their basking habits with "conditioning".

I have lived in the woods nearly my entire life, trapped, chased, shot squirrels......I have never seen consistent 4' vertical leaps until I began training this on them....and no, it is NOT going to harm them, I don't ever really try to hit them, I just point & spray and watch the proceedings! There are now 37 white squirrels at Kerry house, I scared the grey away! No girls, don't even think about it!

Oh come on guys, we watch Fail Army....kinda the same thing....lol

I laughed when I read this. To make a long story short, Back in 1969 I was squirrel hunting and did loose an eye and knocked flat on my *** by a 12ga shot gun. Not self inflicted though. Still carry some number 6 shot in my head.

Ahhhhh, closure......this explains quite a few of my questions about you Len! .......................rotflmao

btw Len- I was over Kerry's the Shore last week, the retired insulator that lives next to the party we went to is Jim Mc Guffie, I remembered to ask Paul what Jims last name was this time. I was hoping he was going to be at the party but he must have been away for the w/e since I didn't see his garage open. I've been meaning to ask him if he knows you by "Snake man". I haven't forgot....just haven't seen him. I'll have to ask him who in town he worked for, I forgot....thought he was with the Streeter bros but it may have been Stoney.

Yeah, we see Tom played too, we all recognize the "rules", and good for you Dragon (smart mom too). Can you believe that we would all stand in a circle and agree that that stuff? Seems funny today........................

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
i dont think id want an iguana as a pet or ever as an animal i might run into in the yard but im glad you dont shoot them!
That's why they're here taking over.
They were tiny and cute....then they're 6' long and whip at you with their tails and claws.
These are the great great great great great grandkids of the ones sold at pet shops all over South Florida
Unless you've been here and have seen them, it's probably hard to comprehend just how many there are here. And especially if you live near a canal!
I no longer catch them. (Unless a neighbor asks me to do so) and I never harm them. I just leave them alone. The novelty has worn off.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
They were tiny and cute....then they're 6' long and whip at you with their tails and claws.
These are the great great great great great grandkids of the ones sold at pet shops all over South Florida
Unless you've been here and have seen them, it's probably hard to comprehend just how many there are here. And especially if you live near a canal!
I no longer catch them. (Unless a neighbor asks me to do so) and I never harm them. I just leave them alone. The novelty has worn off.
The first time I saw one is hilarious. I'd been living at this place for at least a couple of years out in the country in south west Florida. I was sitting in the back yard minding my own business and I heard something crashing down a tree close to me. The next thing I knew there was this giant lizard just sitting there looking at me. 👀 And I was thinking what the heck!!!!! As it turns out there was actually two of them that lived there. I know they shouldn't be in Florida but because of people they are. A baby could have come in on a plant too. I've seen an anole in Ohio at a Lowe's on a bromeliad. I wish I could have caught it and brought it home. I would have put it in with my zebra finches. But neither one of them ever threatened me and after that they would come down and bask in the sun regularly. I just left them alone. There's more than just iguanas introduced to Florida and some of them are much worse. They should probably concentrate on the ones that are decimating the mammals.

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Here in SA we have mynas. Birds from India, I'm not sure if you have them over there. They're two problems in one, as smart as a crow, really intelligent, and they lay their eggs in other birds nest, and then just abandon it, so that the other bird will look after it. They will also throw another birds egg out of the nest. They're also fiercly territorial. But some people do take them out like the iguanas. A pellet gun (Not sure if that's the right translation) or windbuks, will take them out

PSLIMO

5 Year Member
I never thought about shooting it any great distance plus at this small size it's easier to hide. It's the loudest 22 I've ever fired. I also have a 5 shot Charter Arms 38 detective special that I can't shoot accurate at any distance except real close. This one cost me $2 in a raffle in 1973 at work.
It's definitely a close quarter's self defense gun but is difficult to aim because of its size. The laser makes it extremely easy to aim from anywhere you're holding the gun.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Here in SA we have mynas. Birds from India, I'm not sure if you have them over there. They're two problems in one, as smart as a crow, really intelligent, and they lay their eggs in other birds nest, and then just abandon it, so that the other bird will look after it. They will also throw another birds egg out of the nest. They're also fiercly territorial. But some people do take them out like the iguanas. A pellet gun (Not sure if that's the right translation) or windbuks, will take them out
We are dealing with starlings here and they came here long ago. They still gobble up everything they can get and try to starve the native birds 😟yet they are having a hard time in their native country so I don't feel like kicking them out sooo... I use strategy to keep them all happy 😁

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
We are dealing with starlings here and they came here long ago. They still gobble up everything they can get and try to starve the native birds 😟yet they are having a hard time in their native country so I don't feel like kicking them out sooo... I use strategy to keep them all happy 😁
Our most noticeable. Loudest and most destructive invasive bird are our green parrots.
Those suckers eat all of my grapes, Cherries and anything else they can jam into their beaks. And DAMN are they loud.

Last edited:

Dragon

michagin
Z- get one, you won't hurt them unless you Put an Eye Out! You really won't, but it will scare the heck out of them! They may change their basking habits with "conditioning".

I have lived in the woods nearly my entire life, trapped, chased, shot squirrels......I have never seen consistent 4' vertical leaps until I began training this on them....and no, it is NOT going to harm them, I don't ever really try to hit them, I just point & spray and watch the proceedings! There are now 37 white squirrels at Kerry house, I scared the grey away! No girls, don't even think about it!

Oh come on guys, we watch Fail Army....kinda the same thing....lol

Ahhhhh, closure......this explains quite a few of my questions about you Len! .......................rotflmao

btw Len- I was over Kerry's the Shore last week, the retired insulator that lives next to the party we went to is Jim Mc Guffie, I remembered to ask Paul what Jims last name was this time. I was hoping he was going to be at the party but he must have been away for the w/e since I didn't see his garage open. I've been meaning to ask him if he knows you by "Snake man". I haven't forgot....just haven't seen him. I'll have to ask him who in town he worked for, I forgot....thought he was with the Streeter bros but it may have been Stoney.

Yeah, we see Tom played too, we all recognize the "rules", and good for you Dragon (smart mom too). Can you believe that we would all stand in a circle and agree that that stuff? Seems funny today........................
lol we only had two rules when we played war.. the first one was NOBODY TELLS MOM!!! and the second one was only shoot at skin that was coverd with cloths lol better to hid the bruses with lol and yes mom was one smart woman raised 5 kids basicaly by herself and NOBODY including other peoples kids bucked her....she was all of 4 foot 11 and when she said jump EVERYBODY including other adults asked how high lol but she was always kind loving and always fair.... When we got spanked or later when we were in our teens she reach up grab us by the hair and pulled us down to give us a good rap up side the head it was because we did something we KNEW we shouldnt have done lol and heaven forbid she caught us swearing i shudder at the thought lol she was the head of the family always even after we were all grown and married with familys of our own..... our spouces never could quite understand it , you would think we were a few centureys in the past or something lol but eventually they learned to accept it lol mom was the center of all our lives God how i miss her we all do

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Our most noticeable. Loudest and most destructive invasive bird are our green parrots.
Those suckered eat all of my grapes, Cherries and anything else they can jam into their beaks. And DAMN are they loud.
Not to mention the parakeets and the little monkeys.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Uhhhh monkeys......when I was a kid, you could buy one out of Boys Life mag for 19.99 and I wanted one in the worst ways. My dad took us over to a friend who had one....and it threw poop at us....we thought it was great! How screwed up were we?

Fast forward 20 years and I'm working at Bldg #9 @ NIH and one of the workers tries to steal a Rhesus. It removed the guys face, his manhood, and nearly killed him. Holy crud, monkees are dangerous!

Fast forward another 20 years and I'm alone, walking a jungle river in Belize and I've already seen 40lb er's amble across the road in front of our car, they aren't afraid or intimidated. I realize by that river, as I hear them grunting their territorial claims on the opposite bank, they are faster and stronger.......and I'm lower on the food chain here!

I just kept thinking about that guys face as I made my way AWAY from them!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Fast forward 20 years and I'm working at Bldg #9 @ NIH and one of the workers tries to steal a Rhesus. It removed the guys face, his manhood, and nearly killed him. Holy crud, monkees are dangerous!
Are you talking about a Rhesus macaque or a chimp? I suppose a mature male rhesus could do some damage, but that is not common. This sounds more like chimp behavior.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Yes Tom Rhesus macaque....about 26" - 36" tall, I'd guess around 35, maybe 40 pounds. Often(don't read this if it bothers you) they had their heads held in situ and various electrodes attached. The new ones were quarantined for a period of time. The story was that once he opened the lock, it forced its way out, ran up one leg, tore him a new one on his face, then down the other leg, tearing into his pants at that point. It knew how to damage the man. Scary. It wasn't the kind of story that we'd forget, not when it happens in the same building that you've been watching the experiments that would make folks here, get sick, for over a year. They had a lot of animals.... baby marmosets, all kinds of primates.....nothing as big as a chimp though. I thought about a set of babies for 2 full seconds but thankfully, I'm only a partial and not a complete idiot. They could have been injected with diseases, the bigger ones, well, we saw what happened to Mr FNG Janitor. I don't think he completed his 90 day probationary period. No thanks.....sorry, that's the long answer to what kind of monkey it was!

Wow, sometimes I scare myself!

Dragon

michagin
aww iv always wanted a monkey...before i moved here after my ex left a friend took me to one of his friends house where they raised small little monkeys...oh how i wish i could have taken one of them home!! lol but with no hubby, 3 kids and as of yet no job...way out of my price range....lol heak even after i started working they were out of my price range...lol proubly still are...which is ok as spike like my ex says no monkeys!! lol

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
aww iv always wanted a monkey...before i moved here after my ex left a friend took me to one of his friends house where they raised small little monkeys...oh how i wish i could have taken one of them home!! lol but with no hubby, 3 kids and as of yet no job...way out of my price range....lol heak even after i started working they were out of my price range...lol proubly still are...which is ok as spike like my ex says no monkeys!! lol
Well... I got stuck with one 😁 my brother 🤣 and his favorite critter to draw and paint is a monkey 🐒🤔