Gun ownership thread (GUN CONTENT)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Careful with that. You could take an eye out

This is my favorite carry. It holds five 22 LR stingers. And will fit comfortably in any pocket or in my hand without being seen. My second favorite is a Colt 380 Mustang, my third is (only because of it's larger size) is a Colt 38 Super on a 45 frame. The 38 super is an uncommon round unless you want the + p round.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
By my memory, that would make you about the youngest member of the PLA....cause they be some oldfarts by today!

I hadn't thought about ole Patty in some time. I was never quite sure what to make of that whole "deal" in the News but if I trust my gut feeling, this was my take on it;
"The FBI said she didn't know them, ok, then she "kinda" was willing because she was a sub, or leaned that way, the guys simply spotted it, whether they realized it for what it was at the time. Most didn't understand the whole sub/dom personality and how to use it, thing back then, it was more of a subconscious thing."

Then she simply helped her new boys to Dad's money....

Naw, you ain't no Patty, Mags.....put another way, she's no match for you....besides, your Drama-reducer looks comfy in your arms, not forced and awkward like she looked holding a weapon. We can all tell on TV when an actor isn't comfy with a weapon b/c it's pretty obvious when they aren't a "shooter"....lol
besides I thought you were "old fat and ugly", your words, not mine.....??? F.....if that's the bar for old fat and ugly, I'm SCREWED!

PSlimo, what is the circular mag btwn your ammo cans? Is that a short shell shotgun sweeper?

Here, we use the sweet little 60rnd mags for the AR's, not so sure everyone still gets to get those. They feed sweetly, weight is in a good place and are good to practice with cause we're all reaching for the largest mags when we see the sky light up<LOL>!

THAT is one BADASS piece Len, wow. I assume from your words that you are not reloading which makes each shot a very precious commodity. Very cool!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I have always preferred to "roll my own".

1.jpg
.22 slide on G19.jpg
toys again.jpg

Yeah, and if you're wondering why I don't post my own pic,....let me say that Len is a friend of mine, he knows it, I know it, so this is a JOKE FOLKS, don't get twisted;

......he's also scary looking, ALMOST as scary looking as ME!

Some of us just aren't photogenic......I "get it", God likes to laugh too, it's cool!

PSLIMO

5 Year Member
PSlimo, what is the circular mag btwn your ammo cans? Is that a short shell shotgun sweeper?

20220321_092849.jpg

Hi Jeff,

No, that's a TC 1928 a.k.a 'The Chicago Typewriter' with a 100 round drum. Kinda heavy with 100 45 ACP's in a full drum.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I have a very evil grin...........I think I could get past the inconvenience of the weight, just for a chance to pull a few 3-4 rnd bursts from that sweet looking puppy!

PSLIMO

5 Year Member
I have a very evil grin...........I think I could get past the inconvenience of the weight, just for a chance to pull a few 3-4 rnd bursts from that sweet looking puppy!

This one will give you an even bigger grin with a 100 round cmag on an AR-15 style Keltec PLR-16 pistol.

IMG_2933.jpg

Bottom line...

My toirtoise is safe from any would be tortoise burglars, lol!

Last edited:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
growing up in the country we always had guns hanging on a gun rack in the livingroom wall. a bb gun, shot gun, and 22 and an old civil war gun....all of which worked. My brother has them now...still hanging in dads bedroom on that same gun rack.....being a girl dad only let me shoot one gun one time....the old civil war gun....which knocked me on my butt!!! lol now all we have here is a bb gun in the way of a pistal....spike keeps it locked up why i dont know we have no kids but oh well lol Spike is a retired prison gaurd so he is very well schooled in guns and he sort of hates them. To me there just another tool when used correctly can help provide food for the table or simple injoyment when shooting at targets... which is what i like to do....when i can get him to take the box its in down from the very high shelf its on. lol and yes i want it kept there too as i dont want my grandson to get at it....
Happy birthday to you 🎂🎉🤗 yea ur grandson would probably shoot your eye out 😁🙃 like in the movie 🙂

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
unfrountly most kids today have no idea what living in the middle of nowhere is all about. growing up we were lucky IF we had one neighboor and if they had a kid our age we were all estic!! lol Guns are or were just a part of country life. all the boys learned to shoot and HIT there target weather it was moving or not! unfrountly in those days at least in my fathers eyes girls did not shoot guns! which really put me at a disadvantige when we played war with the bb guns!! OUCH!! lol the boys were much better shots then i was!! or work on cars or or and or lol poor dad as we all grew into adults dad could never quite wrap his mind around the fact when he was building things it was his daughter he needed to call when he needed help or didnt have a tool he needed for a job. lol mom and my brothers and sister would find some reason to send dad to the store then call me and tell me what he was building and what tools he needed and by the time he got back I just happened to be visiting and just happened to have the tools he needed lol and i would just sort of follow him and my brothers out when they went back to work on the project again lol sneaking in there every now and then when dad wasnt looking and alineing things or marking where a hole needed to be drilled....lol
Go girl 🤣🤣🤣

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
ahh good looking guns lol im more into knives and swords lol that would teach dad not to teach me how to shoot the guns!! lol I had to take all the classes and learn all the safty rules with the guns but i was lucky IF dad or mom would let me shoot the bb guns. lol IF my parents knew we were shooting each other with the bb guns when we played war i could have complained it wasnt far because the boy always got to pratice lol mom taught me a game her generation played with jack knives....not sure what the game was called but youed blance the knife on the back of your hand on like your 2 middle fingers then flip it up in the air and it had to land stright up sticking in the ground. there were several different ways you had to blance the jack knife on your hand...sigh havent thought about that in years lol iv got 2 folies, a broad sword, a decortive sword with a dragon handle a dagger and several different kinds of jack knives. lol i dont count my carving knives and such lol
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You a group is solid when some of their members protect their little friends, with drum mags. LOL

That's is some impressive stuff.......but not cheap to play with. 200 bucks at the range can be spent thinking about ammo! LOL....and that's to think about the stuff you brought with you! God help you if you have to buy onsite, unless you can wrap your head around the "I'm supporting the range" as you fork over 2 bucks a rnd...for anything....LOL

Now something accessible to EVERYONE, for the guys that live around other people, like in a community....yet still like to shoot safely;

Wanna see "Cheap FUN" in caps guys? This certainly isn't "fire-power" but more "Fun-power"....this is the Replica German MP-5 submachine BB gun, just like you saw in the movies. Full-blowback design which makes it a blast to fire, the mag holds 52 bb's-qk-fillable, also holds 2 opposing co2 tins to keep dimensionally as correct as possible. In typ summer temps of mid 80's to low 90's, around 150 shots per set of co2 tins. I bought 100, still have a lot. Rate of fire seems similar to my 20bps of my paintball machine guns but I forget what the book said.

I chrono'ed it cause I have the dang machine, around 510PFS for the 1st 10, but stayed above 480 for almost the 1st full mag....book says 465.

ACCURATE!! Holy Geez, for a BB gun, are you kidding me? Let me put it this way, you could hit a bottle cap at 50', on the 1st shot. I was pretty surprised.

This is a far different toy than the RED RYDER....that we all know and loved, you do need to pay attention to the noise. GUESS what it sounds JUST like?? A machine gun! Yes, how did you guys guess? Do you know, or can you imagine how normal people react to hearing a machine hun in their neighborhood, OF ANY KIND?

Right again!

FWIW and you do what you want, I spoke with my neighbors before it arrived and let them know, so it wouldn't frighten them. I like preventing an issue, not have to deal with someone's drama when a simple conversation could have prevented it.

I took it the the Nook, what we call Kerry's house and cleared my background into the creek bed. I opened up on a plastic bottle and let 20-30 bb's fly....when I stopped, I heard "Holy f, what was that" from the house 70yds away .

I think the toy was $250 or so and all in with enough CO2 to trigger a climate change event, and 10,000 bb's, it was around 450 total. It's legal almost everywhere.

Someone else makes a SMG .22 Belt fed, hard hitting .....but for me, way too much BS to shoot though....more $$ but impressive.

funpower.jpg

Wow, Dragon played "war" with BB guns too? I gather from Cathie's comments, A chick no less? Or did CG get me into trouble again? Sunglasses or no? We learned they didn't work well in the woods, where you had hidden the contraband bb guns. Great fun.....but Andy was a puzzy, I shot him during a War in the ankle tensing up while holding a bb rifle-finger on trigger, going around a big tree and we met face to face----think; "3 Stooges".....he ran home crying and we couldn't stop him cause the houses were so close. Another time when he ate the hammer of his dad's gun on his scalp and lay it open, wide.....LOL...., we held him down and packed it with dirt till he stopped crying. Guess what, he survived.............it's just what you did for your friends back then.

Lawn darts and bottle rockets, which to you look for first? LOL super memories, but I hope my kids didn't do any of it!

Last edited:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You a group is solid when some of their members protect their little friends, with drum mags. LOL

That's is some impressive stuff.......but not cheap to play with. 200 bucks at the range can be spent thinking about ammo! LOL....and that's to think about the stuff you brought with you! God help you if you have to buy onsite, unless you can wrap your head around the "I'm supporting the range" as you fork over 2 bucks a rnd...for anything....LOL

Now something accessible to EVERYONE, for the guys that live around other people, like in a community....yet still like to shoot safely;

Wanna see "Cheap FUN" in caps guys? This certainly isn't "fire-power" but more "Fun-power"....this is the Replica German MP-5 submachine BB gun, just like you saw in the movies. Full-blowback design which makes it a blast to fire, the mag holds 52 bb's-qk-fillable, also holds 2 opposing co2 tins to keep dimensionally as correct as possible. In typ summer temps of mid 80's to low 90's, around 150 shots per set of co2 tins. I bought 100, still have a lot. Rate of fire seems similar to my 20bps of my paintball machine guns but I forget what the book said.

I chrono'ed it cause I have the dang machine, around 510PFS for the 1st 10, but stayed above 480 for almost the 1st full mag....book says 465.

ACCURATE!! Holy Geez, for a BB gun, are you kidding me? Let me put it this way, you could hit a bottle cap at 50', on the 1st shot. I was pretty surprised.

This is a far different toy than the RED RYDER....that we all know and loved, you do need to pay attention to the noise. GUESS what it sounds JUST like?? A machine gun! Yes, how did you guys guess? Do you know, or can you imagine how normal people react to hearing a machine hun in their neighborhood, OF ANY KIND?

Right again!

FWIW and you do what you want, I spoke with my neighbors before it arrived and let them know, so it wouldn't frighten them. I like preventing an issue, not have to deal with someone's drama when a simple conversation could have prevented it.

I took it the the Nook, what we call Kerry's house and cleared my background into the creek bed. I opened up on a plastic bottle and let 20-30 bb's fly....when I stopped, I heard "Holy f, what was that" from the house 70yds away .

I think the toy was $250 or so and all in with enough CO2 to trigger a climate change event, and 10,000 bb's, it was around 450 total. It's legal almost everywhere.

Someone else makes a SMG .22 Belt fed, hard hitting .....but for me, way too much BS to shoot though....more $$ but impressive.

View attachment 342228

Wow, Dragon played "war" with BB guns too? I gather from Cathie's comments, A chick no less? Or did CG get me into trouble again? Sunglasses or no? We learned they didn't work well in the woods, where you had hidden the contraband bb guns. Great fun.....but Andy was a puzzy, I shot him during a War in the ankle tensing up while holding a bb rifle-finger on trigger, going around a big tree and we met face to face----think; "3 Stooges".....he ran home crying and we couldn't stop him cause the houses were so close. Another time when he ate the hammer of his dad's gun on his scalp and lay it open, wide.....LOL...., we held him down and packed it with dirt till he stopped crying. Guess what, he survived.............it's just what you did for your friends back then.

Lawn darts and bottle rockets, which to you look for first? LOL super memories, but I hope my kids didn't do any of it!
Yep bb guns are fun especially if you get to aim em at your brother 😉 ya just gotta make sure you don't shoot their eye out or the parents will get mad.🙃

Dragon

michagin

Right again!

View attachment 342228

Yes I played war with bb guns....and yes im a chick lol ....I had a big brother and i have 2 little brothers... my little sister wasnt born until i was like 10.....and back then living way out in the country was defently living way out in the country...IF there was another house or two on the road it was at least 2 fields away...on the rair occisons there where other kids around you guessed it they were all boys!! lol One placed we lived there where 3 other boys with in a miles walking distance....of us and when i was 16 we were all playing football until my mom called me in and told me i couldnt play football with the boys anymore lol Guess she was watching out the window while we were playing and she noticed the boys were tackling me weather i had the ball or not and unlike before they always managed to roll over so id be on the top...lol so they wouldnt hurt me....lol just when playing with the boys was getting fun!!! lol my kids never did any of that there father grew up in the city and im not sure if he even know what a bb gun was lol now spike is a retired prison gaurd so is more then fimular with guns, he dosnt like them but he knows how to shoot them....they had to go to the gun range every so often I guess to make sure they remembered how to use them....or to make sure they could still shoot good..... all we have here is the one little pistle bb gun and he keeps that locked up and he dosnt like me using it..... sigh ahh well i have other past times i can do to help me try to keep out of trouble lol

Dragon

michagin
Yep bb guns are fun especially if you get to aim em at your brother 😉 ya just gotta make sure you don't shoot their eye out or the parents will get mad.🙃
my older brother got his first bb gun when he was 7, He was out praticing with dad near by and us other kids were suppose to be behind them, well one of my little brothers ran right in front of him as he shot and of course he got hit right in the corner of his eye by the bone....He was lucky he didnt get shot IN the eye or loose his eye. mom took the bb gun away for anouther few years...I dont think he got it back until he was 9....

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
my older brother got his first bb gun when he was 7, He was out praticing with dad near by and us other kids were suppose to be behind them, well one of my little brothers ran right in front of him as he shot and of course he got hit right in the corner of his eye by the bone....He was lucky he didnt get shot IN the eye or loose his eye. mom took the bb gun away for anouther few years...I dont think he got it back until he was 9....
I never did get to shoot at my brothers 🤣 my mom and dad knew better by the time I was around 6 or 7 I guess. 😉 but I did get to shoot one at a friend. We had a blast. You could turn the"pressure" down on the gun.

Dragon

michagin
you could turn the pressure down on the bb guns? is that one of the new fangled things they do now? As far as i know when i was a kid there was no way to turn the pressure down so when we played war we made sure to wear jeans and long slived shrits in the hopes of not getting a lot of little black and blue marks we couldnt expline away should mom see them.. and yes those little buggers HURT when you got hit...lol

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
you could turn the pressure down on the bb guns? is that one of the new fangled things they do now? As far as i know when i was a kid there was no way to turn the pressure down so when we played war we made sure to wear jeans and long slived shrits in the hopes of not getting a lot of little black and blue marks we couldnt expline away should mom see them.. and yes those little buggers HURT when you got hit...lol
No but yes you could turn the pressure down on certain ones. I couldn't tell you which ones though. It was in the 70's and I forget and didn't really pay attention. I was having too much fun shooting boys if I got a chance 🙂

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.

Right again!

View attachment 342228

Right again!

View attachment 342228

Thats a cool bb gun
It'd be great for Iguana control.
Too bad I like iguanas too much to harm them

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I picked up a V-Mini Laser for mine at Laserlite. Makes it a lot easier to hit a target.

View attachment 342057
I never thought about shooting it any great distance plus at this small size it's easier to hide. It's the loudest 22 I've ever fired. I also have a 5 shot Charter Arms 38 detective special that I can't shoot accurate at any distance except real close. This one cost me $2 in a raffle in 1973 at work.