Gun ownership thread (GUN CONTENT)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
growing up in the country we always had guns hanging on a gun rack in the livingroom wall. a bb gun, shot gun, and 22 and an old civil war gun....all of which worked. My brother has them now...still hanging in dads bedroom on that same gun rack.....being a girl dad only let me shoot one gun one time....the old civil war gun....which knocked me on my butt!!! lol now all we have here is a bb gun in the way of a pistal....spike keeps it locked up why i dont know we have no kids but oh well lol Spike is a retired prison gaurd so he is very well schooled in guns and he sort of hates them. To me there just another tool when used correctly can help provide food for the table or simple injoyment when shooting at targets... which is what i like to do....when i can get him to take the box its in down from the very high shelf its on. lol and yes i want it kept there too as i dont want my grandson to get at it....
I grew up in the middle of no where. SOUTH CAROLINA
I could and did spend many days just shooting at things with my trusty Browning 410 single shot shot gun or my crappy Squires and Bingham bolt action 22 without ever seeing another human.
It was a way of life I imagine few of us shared.
I was fortunate enough to have such a childhood.

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
This is my cabinet of doom.
Two AKMS (AK-47 Romanian variants)
One AR12
And a pistol grip Mossburg 12 gauge full of 00 buckshot for those bumps in the night. Which I hope I never hear.
They're basically just decorations that I occasionally bring out to the gun range.
Those AKs will give your hands blisters and burns. They are very UNrefined!

Attachments

• 20190210_192152.jpg
    20190210_192152.jpg
    736.1 KB · Views: 15

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I guess I am just wondering why a forum on tortoises has to veer into gun ownership. Isn’t there other forums for this discussion? Private emails? It makes me rethink the value of this forum. I came here for tortoise husbandry and care.
I tried to post this thread in a way in which no one that was offended by guns would come across the contents by mistake.
I apologize if it is a sensative subject. I know that not everyone enjoys the sport/hobby.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
This is my cabinet of doom.
Two AKMS (AK-47 Romanian variants)
One AR12
And a pistol grip Mossburg 12 gauge full of 00 buckshot for those bumps in the night. Which I hope I never hear.
They're basically just decorations that I occasionally bring out to the gun range.
Those AKs will give your hands blisters and burns. They are very UNrefined!
I've also got a 4 foot by 2 foot by six foot cabinet full of just ammunition

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I
Hmmm a billionaire by chance? What else maybe a 1000 gallon tank of gas! If I could find ammo I would shoot it is very cathartic
when done safely and correctly!
It wasn't really on purpose.
I intended to do a lot of shooting out in the Everglades etc when I retired. So I started buying surplus RUSSIAN ammunition at gun shows and in bulk purchases online.. Mostly "Bear" and "Wolf" but there's a lot of American FEDERAL also from when Walmart stopped selling ammo and it was on clearance. I drove from store to store. Buying most of it.
I have .380, 38, 40. 12 Guage 7.62x39 and a bit of 9mm. Also a lot of .223 that I could trade because i also previously owned a BUSHMASTER AR15 variant. And i have a small stockpile of magazines that are difficult to find.
I had some here, some there. Some in a few safes. Some out in the garage. Etc. I was actually quite surprised at what I had when I placed it all together.
Alarmed actually because it must be a few thousand dollars.
Its kind of obscene. I'd be happy to sell off most of it.

Last edited:

Dragon

michagin
I could and did spend many days just shooting at things with my trusty Browning 410 single shot shot gun or my crappy Squires and Bingham bolt action 22 without ever seeing another human.
unfrountly most kids today have no idea what living in the middle of nowhere is all about. growing up we were lucky IF we had one neighboor and if they had a kid our age we were all estic!! lol Guns are or were just a part of country life. all the boys learned to shoot and HIT there target weather it was moving or not! unfrountly in those days at least in my fathers eyes girls did not shoot guns! which really put me at a disadvantige when we played war with the bb guns!! OUCH!! lol the boys were much better shots then i was!! or work on cars or or and or lol poor dad as we all grew into adults dad could never quite wrap his mind around the fact when he was building things it was his daughter he needed to call when he needed help or didnt have a tool he needed for a job. lol mom and my brothers and sister would find some reason to send dad to the store then call me and tell me what he was building and what tools he needed and by the time he got back I just happened to be visiting and just happened to have the tools he needed lol and i would just sort of follow him and my brothers out when they went back to work on the project again lol sneaking in there every now and then when dad wasnt looking and alineing things or marking where a hole needed to be drilled....lol

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Growing up my buddies dad was a hunter and would take us to his cabin to shoot. My parents consented and to this day it's why I have excellent firearm safety. My favorite thing to do what exterminat evil appliances! The worst were toaster oven from the 80's!!!

Dragon

michagin
true im not sure you could even find country like what we grew up in anymore. a lot of corn fields the woods in the back, streams with in walking distance to go fishing in....I always told the boys I'll catch the fish, i'll clean the fish i'll even cook the fish but im not eating the fish lol i feel so blessed now that even though we live in the village we have an acer of land! iv always loved living in the country and all the land....spikes a city boy grew up in chagoa....lol so this works out great for both of us....and of course at our age and my health we really do need to be in the village where we can get help right away....we've had to call for an ambliance twice in the 7 years weve been here.

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
Growing up rural I was taught to shoot at a pretty young age. But not before the “lesson” from my dad. The lesson being this. See the tree on the other side of the pond? Boom! If this gun can do that to a tree what will it do to whatever you point it at? And then we went down and cleaned up the “young” tree so we could really see what had happened.
Dad was a good shot had he been born in the 1800s I believe he would have been a gun slinger. Even had those spooky blue eyes that are described as an attribute on some of those old timers. His “great?” grandfather was involved in military operations during the US settling into Lands previously held by Mexico. He has been mentioned in books and his grave stone is still kept “up” by the military. So I don’t think Dad had any option but to be good. Lol.
That being said.. I actually had a pretty serious fearful respect of them until I got older and was able to afford my own. I actually took some classes to get “over” my fear factor. I now own probably own over 40 just sitting here counting on my fingers; would have to do some unpacking to really get a count.
I have three of those huge craftsman totes they sell at lowes full of ammo. And probably a dozen large ammo cans full.
Being in New Mexico gave me an opportunity to build a nice collection at good prices. I also hit up stores like Walmart and the ****’s there that stopped selling ammo. And when ammo started going crazy I stopped going to the range and basically started hoarding. I wanted it for trading and for just “in case” when covid started.
When I moved to Tennessee I had to take two closets and seal them and hook up dehumidification systems so that I am not stressing about rust.
Here I am looking at whether or not I can have my own range; public ones make me anxious. Ppl who can’t shoot or showboat. Ppl being way into my business- whatcha got; you shouldn’t be shooting that; can I borrow ammo; want to buy my reload; can I have yr empties; etc. ugh! I miss shooting on a regular basis and want to make sure I stay proficient.
And GLOCKS and SIGS are nice, I have a couple. I like KIMBERS once the spring is replaced-most of the time they are too “weak” and you end up with problems such as empty not being discharged. KIMBERS tick me off though for another reason-they are marketed towards women and cost a lot more.
I typically prefer to shoot Springfield.
I have a cpl Walther, I got rid of the ppk I had though as I hated that gun.
I bought a CANIK and have been really impressed thus far.
I have a few bull pups which I love!!!
ARS I like to build but shooting is not my favorite. I still have about three I could build as I already have the parts.
I got two “old” Russian AKS which I love the wooden stocks on. Happened to be in the right place on that one with cash.
Shotguns.
Old school rifles that are just mostly cool old 22s. Most of those were bought because I liked the look like the little lever action one I have.
My eagle is hiding in the closet somewhere. Ammo is way too much to be shooting that bad boy. And I can empty the clip and then be done for the day. He kicks like a mule.

Bull pup you won’t see the barrel on. Sorry. There’s a reason and if you don’t know them PM me.
Here’s some eye candy. These are my “daily” guns right now.
-Meg78199D64-7043-4A7D-BC97-4CF63C66BDC1.jpeg1FC1FED9-2E96-45D2-9B44-A2E598B98723.jpeg15C31D9E-2716-4A13-A273-9CE747E0371F.jpeg308B6BF3-1AA9-4D3B-919D-80CDDEC945A7.jpegC5CCF179-8A6B-49C1-B36B-AED8EDBCB1F0.jpegD64170D3-9E19-4A7E-841F-331B9C46BCDD.jpeg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Growing up rural I was taught to shoot at a pretty young age. But not before the “lesson” from my dad. The lesson being this. See the tree on the other side of the pond? Boom! If this gun can do that to a tree what will it do to whatever you point it at? And then we went down and cleaned up the “young” tree so we could really see what had happened.
Dad was a good shot had he been born in the 1800s I believe he would have been a gun slinger. Even had those spooky blue eyes that are described as an attribute on some of those old timers. His “great?” grandfather was involved in military operations during the US settling into Lands previously held by Mexico. He has been mentioned in books and his grave stone is still kept “up” by the military. So I don’t think Dad had any option but to be good. Lol.
That being said.. I actually had a pretty serious fearful respect of them until I got older and was able to afford my own. I actually took some classes to get “over” my fear factor. I now own probably own over 40 just sitting here counting on my fingers; would have to do some unpacking to really get a count.
I have three of those huge craftsman totes they sell at lowes full of ammo. And probably a dozen large ammo cans full.
Being in New Mexico gave me an opportunity to build a nice collection at good prices. I also hit up stores like Walmart and the ****’s there that stopped selling ammo. And when ammo started going crazy I stopped going to the range and basically started hoarding. I wanted it for trading and for just “in case” when covid started.
When I moved to Tennessee I had to take two closets and seal them and hook up dehumidification systems so that I am not stressing about rust.
Here I am looking at whether or not I can have my own range; public ones make me anxious. Ppl who can’t shoot or showboat. Ppl being way into my business- whatcha got; you shouldn’t be shooting that; can I borrow ammo; want to buy my reload; can I have yr empties; etc. ugh! I miss shooting on a regular basis and want to make sure I stay proficient.
And GLOCKS and SIGS are nice, I have a couple. I like KIMBERS once the spring is replaced-most of the time they are too “weak” and you end up with problems such as empty not being discharged. KIMBERS tick me off though for another reason-they are marketed towards women and cost a lot more.
ARS I like to build but shooting is not my favorite. I still have about three I could build as I already have the parts.
I got two “old” Russian AKS which I love the wooden stocks on. Happened to be in the right place on that one with cash.
Shotguns.
Old school rifles that are just mostly cool old 22s. Most of those were bought because I liked the look like the little lever action one I have.
My eagle is hiding in the closet somewhere. Ammo is way too much to be shooting that bad boy. And I can empty the clip and then be done for the day. He kicks like a mule.

Bull pup you won’t see the barrel on. Sorry. There’s a reason and if you don’t know them PM me.
-MegView attachment 341965View attachment 341966View attachment 341967View attachment 341968View attachment 341969View attachment 341970
Nice collection.
I'm hoping to meet that person with a real RUSSIAN AKM that needs money!

Last edited:

Dragon

michagin
Shotguns.

-MegView attachment 341965View attachment 341966View attachment 341967View attachment 341968View attachment 341969View attachment 341970
ahh good looking guns lol im more into knives and swords lol that would teach dad not to teach me how to shoot the guns!! lol I had to take all the classes and learn all the safty rules with the guns but i was lucky IF dad or mom would let me shoot the bb guns. lol IF my parents knew we were shooting each other with the bb guns when we played war i could have complained it wasnt far because the boy always got to pratice lol mom taught me a game her generation played with jack knives....not sure what the game was called but youed blance the knife on the back of your hand on like your 2 middle fingers then flip it up in the air and it had to land stright up sticking in the ground. there were several different ways you had to blance the jack knife on your hand...sigh havent thought about that in years lol iv got 2 folies, a broad sword, a decortive sword with a dragon handle a dagger and several different kinds of jack knives. lol i dont count my carving knives and such lol

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
ahh good looking guns lol im more into knives and swords lol that would teach dad not to teach me how to shoot the guns!! lol I had to take all the classes and learn all the safty rules with the guns but i was lucky IF dad or mom would let me shoot the bb guns. lol IF my parents knew we were shooting each other with the bb guns when we played war i could have complained it wasnt far because the boy always got to pratice lol mom taught me a game her generation played with jack knives....not sure what the game was called but youed blance the knife on the back of your hand on like your 2 middle fingers then flip it up in the air and it had to land stright up sticking in the ground. there were several different ways you had to blance the jack knife on your hand...sigh havent thought about that in years lol iv got 2 folies, a broad sword, a decortive sword with a dragon handle a dagger and several different kinds of jack knives. lol i dont count my carving knives and such lol
Knives oh my! I had a Philippino buddy years ago and every pointy sharp thing in my house except my kitchen knives I got from him. My crown jewels are a Paul Chen practical ninja sword and an SOG X42 Recondo. I sold a bunch years ago and still have a bunch of knives

Attachments

• 20220317_190645.jpg
    20220317_190645.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220317_190632.jpg
    20220317_190632.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

Dragon

michagin
ahh beautiful!! tomarrow I'll try to take some pics of my knives...but be forwarned theres nothing spical about them lol no collecters items just knives iv picked up here and there because i liked the looks or feel or what ever of them lol