Growth spurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenley

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Az
I know that when my human babies start to eat more than normal, it means a growth spurt...Well I usually give Crush some food about the size of him and he will only eat a between 1/3 and 1/2 of it....well today he ate ALL of it and then I gave him some more in the evening and he immediately started chomping down it..

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Tortoises do hit spurts, mine are in one right now. It's weird one day you will walk in and just say wow you are bigger lol

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
As your baby grows this will continually shock you. Right now he's going from a handful of food to a big hand full of food. Soon he will be eating a whole large head or bushel of greens. Before you know it, he'll be able to put down five large heads or romaine in one sitting. Once they are adults, grass hay is about the only way to keep up. Its fairly easy to scrounge enough food for one baby. Once they start getting bigger, you will have to grow your own, and make friends with the neighbors that have the big mulberry tree or hibiscus bush.

It is truly amazing how much they can put away.

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Soon you'll start to question if you have a horse rather than a tortoise ;) That's what it felt like to me yesterday as I was cleaning out the tortoise house.

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
Yeah I am still amazed by the amount of poop that comes out of my tort. How does he have room for internal organs? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.