Picky eater

alex_ornelas

Location (City and/or State)
newark ca
I havent tried many greens but of the greens that i have tried to varry his diet (collard, mustard greens, kale) as well as little pumpking puree he only like to eat romain some dandelion and strawberries (which he LOVES) and the grass from my yard. I try to get iut to my yard as often as posible but with the cold weather i cant let him out to freely graze. I ordered a sample of some seeds from sulcata food.com for him to try so im waiting on that, but Has anyone had this problem before? Can you suggest what else u should try? Also i know torts grow at differrent rates but he only weighs 4oz and is 3.5 in long is that ok ? ImageUploadedByTortForum1394685835.602326.jpg

Ive even tried the spineless cavtus he takes one bite and wont touch it again

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Well, the tort will eventually eat what you offer....if you hold out and offer what you want him to eat he will eventually become hungry enough.....mustard and collard are not anything that ANY of the torts or turtles here want any part of....and kale is only slightly better to them....lol.

You perhaps can try an organic spring mix....and especially look for this in the mix, they adore it;

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/photos/radiccio.jpg