Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
cemmons12 said:
Thanks for your input Yvonne, I knew I could count on you! But should I keep them apart anyways since Cooper is a sully? I have read so many things about mixing different kinds of tortoises but it seems most of it is bad. I WANT an Ivory some day to be with Cooper, but, money is an object... Unless Dean wants to re-home Snowflake! HAHA, wishfull thinking! She is a beauty!!! Thank you!

Oops! Sorry...what was I thinking? Of course you should keep them separate.(hits self on forehead with heel of hand!)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I like that the pic shows him eating a cactus pad, a good sign for his nutritional status.
Oh get him, get him!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
PHP:
Hehe, thanks for all the input! And good pick up Angela! I can always count on u!
I was also happy to see him eating cactus!
Have a great day all!!! :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well..... I don't think my wife is wanting to do the drive now so the answer is still up in the air. Come to find out the person also has a 6 yearold redfoot they want to sell also for 100. Me so sad.... :( Have a great day Angela!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
AWWW Chris, go take a peek at your bud Coop and give a nose nuzzle or two and that will take the sad away :D:D Bet ya it works...come on...smile :D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
ascott said:
AWWW Chris, go take a peek at your bud Coop and give a nose nuzzle or two and that will take the sad away :D:D Bet ya it works...come on...smile :D

Well I tried that tonight and it worked good Angela! So :) :)
What happened was he layed his head on my nose and went to sleep but my head got sore from trying to keep that position so I put my head back on the pillow and he sort of crawled up with just his front legs on my chest and his back legs on the bed and went back to sleep in that position, like he was almost standing on his back legs, he cracks me up! Have a good one Angela!!!
And Amanda1 thanks for the craigslist info! I'm calling about the Russians tomorrow! Thank you!!! :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
cemmons12 said:
ascott said:

Well I tried that tonight and it worked good Angela! So :) :)
What happened was he layed his head on my nose and went to sleep but my head got sore from trying to keep that position so I put my head back on the pillow and he sort of crawled up with just his front legs on my chest and his back legs on the bed and went back to sleep in that position, like he was almost standing on his back legs, he cracks me up! Have a good one Angela!!!
And Amanda1 thanks for the craigslist info! I'm calling about the Russians tomorrow! Thank you!!! :)
Well thanks to Amanda1 I believe we MAY go and get the Russian here in my own town that she told me about! I thank you so much for that info!! :) :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Ok Angela, here is the pic that was on craigslist of the female Russian. I've got to text the lady that has her back today. Wish me luck!!! :):)
5O45Q45S03kf3od3p6bai5e459066d2dc1a11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Ok Angela, your luck has worked! I will be getting her in a few days, I'm super excited!! Thank you! And here is a pic of her yesterday eating some greens, have a great day everybody!
1024011845.jpg
Oh, and her name is Ophelia! And she is about the size of Cooper she is about 6 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
cemmons12 said:
Now I am real pissed, no pic.... and the wife asked if I was going to go get him. I said no, cause I never got a picture.... so she was cool with it even.... damn some people!

I know it's frustrating,but don't give up yet.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
jackrat said:
cemmons12 said:
Now I am real pissed, no pic.... and the wife asked if I was going to go get him. I said no, cause I never got a picture.... so she was cool with it even.... damn some people!

I know it's frustrating,but don't give up yet.
Jackrat:
I gave up on the Golden Greek for $50 because the drive would have been about 10 hours round trip.. So instead I am getting this female Russian for $50! Which also includes her habitat, lights, heat mat, and her hide log. Cooper and I are very excited, well I am anyways! :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Yaaaayyyyyy.....she is a cutie for sure...I love when they stretch out their back legs like that when they eat....way cool about the deal you got as well...that makes bringing a new tort in a bit smoother in not having to get all set up first hand...so uh, when are you going to tell Coop? Maybe show him her pic first....:D:D

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Plainfield, IN
cemmons12 said:
Ok Angela, your luck has worked! I will be getting her in a few days, I'm super excited!! Thank you! And here is a pic of her yesterday eating some greens, have a great day everybody!

Oh, and her name is Ophelia! And she is about the size of Cooper she is about 6 years old.

What a cutie! Russians are awesome; enjoy! :D :tort:

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Amanda1 said:
cemmons12 said:

What a cutie! Russians are awesome; enjoy! :D :tort:

Thanks a million Amanda1! I get her Saturday when the lady gets off from work. I cant hardly wait! :D:D:D

ascott said:
Yaaaayyyyyy.....she is a cutie for sure...I love when they stretch out their back legs like that when they eat....way cool about the deal you got as well...that makes bringing a new tort in a bit smoother in not having to get all set up first hand...so uh, when are you going to tell Coop? Maybe show him her pic first....:D:D

Well he has been listening to us talk, he knows something is up. lol! he will get to see her thru the window Saturday! :D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
ascott said:
I am so excited for you (and Coop) :D I know she will think he is a cutie :p

Thanks my lady! I sure wish they could be put together just for short periods of time just so Cooper could have another tort to walk around with. But I don't want either 1 of them getting the other 1 sick. :( but then again Cooper thinks he is a person so I don't want his personality to change! Lol! Have a great day Angela!! :):):D

Status
Not open for further replies.