Giant mean scary snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
At least they think they are :p There are only 3 of these guys who are striking at me, hopefully they are a 1.2 so I can keep them . I still have one nose poking out of the egg, so once he/she is out I will try to take a pic of everyone.

DSCF2676.jpg

DSCF2683.jpg

Now my 2 favorite new pics
DSCF2677.jpg

DSCF2686.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What.....do you mean that you actually appreciate the more aggressive ones?

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
Actually I do, I used to breed Retics, Bloods, Spilotes and a few hots. Unfortunately I can't move fast enough to deal with any of them any more, although I am thinking of getting some Super Dwarf Retics and some Bloods again. So until that happens I have to just enjoy what ever little grumpy guys I can get. :)

-JM

5 Year Member
Those are very nice looking snakes. :) well done!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Do they do the little tail rattling thing too?

I love corns, but I have to say that my favorite color is still the regular old "natural" one.

Meanest, nastiest snake I ever saw was a plain old Boa constrictor.

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
They came out rattling their tails. lol Which type of natural? My favorite are Okatees, but there are a few Miami phase that I have seen that were nice. Meaniest non hot snake I ever worked with to be honest is a toss up between a white lip I had years ago and the Rosy boa who recently passed. Both of them made any Scrub I ever worked with seem like kittens. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm not up on all my cornsnake variations. I'm just talking about the "normal" looking ones with the red, black and brown.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Aaaaah, baby corns! So adorable! LOL! I love how spunky those two little Amels are. Little snots!

The feisty ones are only fun until they get big enough to actually kind of hurt. Or maybe that's just me being a wuss... lol

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Floof said:
Aaaaah, baby corns! So adorable! LOL! I love how spunky those two little Amels are. Little snots!

The feisty ones are only fun until they get big enough to actually kind of hurt. Or maybe that's just me being a wuss... lol

I've never had any guttattas that didn't become tame after about 5 minutes of handling...now, Lindheimers' (Texas Ratsnakes) are always up for biting, even one's I've had for several years...those suckers are F-E-I-S-T-Y! :D

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
Terry Allan Hall said:
I've never had any guttattas that didn't become tame after about 5 minutes of handling...now, Lindheimers' (Texas Ratsnakes) are always up for biting, even one's I've had for several years...those suckers are F-E-I-S-T-Y! :D

Oh yeah Texans are a ton of fun, actually I recently picked up 1.3 Cal Kings that all think that they are lindheimeri. I still want to get some more King Rats though. The pair I used to have were the definition of face biters. Always got the pulse up when it was time to clean up after them :)

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Terry, I've had a corn or two who never really did tame down. Not that they bit much... They just liked to put on a show every time someone picked them up. Like I said earlier, I'm a total wuss. :p Lol!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
For some reason baby snakes really creep me out. I found a tiny baby rattler in my front yard once and and another baby mystery snake in my garage. It really freaked me out.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Albinoboidsetc said:
Terry Allan Hall said:

Oh yeah Texans are a ton of fun, actually I recently picked up 1.3 Cal Kings that all think that they are lindheimeri. I still want to get some more King Rats though. The pair I used to have were the definition of face biters. Always got the pulse up when it was time to clean up after them :)

Our only Linheimer these days is my daughter's "tame" one...in his case, "tame" refers to him only biting us about 1/2 the time, but ALWAYS going for the face.

The rest were traded off for a female Slowinski's Ratsnake to breed someday w/ my male...MUCH nicer species! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.