Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
wiccan_chicken said:
(Black with a nice yellow stripe down his spine I can post pics if anyone's interested)

Diamondback Rattler. Like Steve Irwin, I believe these snakes have a bad rep, and I think they are beautifully dangerous in their appearance.

Well DUH!!! Of course we're interested. Pics please.

And what is the bad rep for diamondbacks? I work with them professionally and I'm interested to know what you mean by this. And Easterns or Westerns?

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
The westerns have a bad rep around here. I've lived in S. Texas just about my whole life and i've probably seen maybe 20 in the wild. People act like they are lying in wait to strike and kill all the babies in the world.

And for the record not a single one i've seen so much as rattled their tails. I've picked them up and couldn't provoke them to rattle or strike or anything, all they wanted to do was get away.

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
Tom said:
wiccan_chicken said:
(Black with a nice yellow stripe down his spine I can post pics if anyone's interested)

Diamondback Rattler. Like Steve Irwin, I believe these snakes have a bad rep, and I think they are beautifully dangerous in their appearance.

Well DUH!!! Of course we're interested. Pics please.

And what is the bad rep for diamondbacks? I work with them professionally and I'm interested to know what you mean by this. And Easterns or Westerns?

Easterns or Westerns. Mainly we have Westerns.
Down here, Diamondbacks are killed on sight, mainly because they are Venomous. People shoot first, ask questions later. They're seen as fierce baby killers, when they are very docile.

Here's a few pictures of Aries. The one of his belly, the blue is the shine his scales give off, he is a very beautiful snake.

Aries boy.jpg
Aries hood.jpg
Aries belly.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kameo37

5 Year Member
I've got a corn and ball, so I'm pretty partial to them. I'd love to have a hognose snake down the line. They have hilarious defensive moves. Except for poop throwing...that's not funny...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using TortForum mobile app

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Has anyone here ever read the book Verdi? And yes, it is a children's book. My mom read it to me before I learned how to read and I have liked pythons ever since.

Kameo37

5 Year Member
Yes! My kids (who also love snakes and other reptiles) just picked that one out at the library the other day! Cute book!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.