Fun in the yard

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I was working in the yard pulling grass and throwing it over the fence into Bob's pen, and opps!

fe11nd.jpg

Guess he likes it as he walked around eating it off his head...

359ec12.jpg

He went into the shade and napped for a bit, then took off walking again...

1zn0g8y.jpg

He's walking his parameter, acting like he didn't even know or care that he carries a large clump of grass on him. Just how he acted with the dog on his back.
Oh, speaking of dogs, Bob's been invited to an event tomorrow at Petco, they are gonna come get us at 1 PM. 2 volunteers and a truck. There's a new TFO member that lives close to Corvallis but of course I can't remember his name, I think he's a mail person...So if you're reading this we'll be at the Corvallis Petco from 1 PM until about 3 I think, maybe longer but don't count on that. So come close to 1 and meet Bob and me, if you want...
look at this cute face...

35161oo.jpg

npj1qh.jpg

He's having a great time carrying all that grass and eating it too...

fkws5d.jpg

3517j11.jpg

ipmues.jpg

I know basically there is no storyline involved here. But I think the pictures are cute and it shows those of you with baby Sulcata what you have to look forward to. I think that if you hold your baby and talk to your baby you will develop a bond with him and he will develop a personality of his own. There are some who believe that holding babies causes stress in them but I don't believe that. I think holding and touching and playing with your baby creates a Bob, a tortoise with a loud personality who thinks he owns the world...King Robert III

Jacob

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Great Post i love the pictures and post!
Bob will put on a great show tomorrow im sure of it :)

Mert

5 Year Member
California
I love the pics! Made me laugh out loud! I had to show my daughters, they thought it was funny too.

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
Maggie, I know nothing compared to the rest of you but I totally agree. Willie has been with me for 7 months and his personality is exploding... I make a point to spend time with him outside everyday even if its a busy work day with kids going in different directions 10 minutes can even get you a few laughs. Willie just discovered mud baths..

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
I love the Bob pics! And I totally agree with you about holding and touching them. It does make a difference how her personality is to me and other people that she sees. I can take her places to Petco and other pet stores and she will be comfortable with her surroundings and let people pet her and she will walk around and explore.

Don't forget to post pics of Bob's day at Petco!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Come on, isn't having to carry his house around enough, now he has to carry his food too:p:D. Those are some great pics. He must have been thrilled, the food was coming to him, just confirming, he is King LOL:D

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Oh Maggie, that close up picture is the best picture I ever saw. Every time I see pictures of Bob I wish I lived in a warmer climate.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
LOL...Maggie...the moment I looked at the pics I began hearing jungle insects chirping and birds over head and could picture Bob swooping from behind one tree to the other in his ghillie suit!!!! Love it, thanks for the moment of fun! !:D

M

Maggie Cummings

Seems like I always post funny pix of Bob and never serious ones...so in post pictures or lets see you Sulcata (I forgot the name of the thread) anyway I posted a serious picture of Bob, it's my favorite...
here...

k984jo.jpg

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
I love how Bob looks as he struts his stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.