Fruitless white mulberry tree

Abila10

Location (City and/or State)
Visalia
Hello! I’m just trying to find out if I can feed my tortoise mulberry leaves! On all the apps it shows the trees with fruit and mine does not have fruit. I’m just trying to see if I can feed my tortoise the leaves even if mine doesn’t have fruit

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes the leaves are great for them, that's what I have, the fruitless trees. The fruit, except for a few species, should not be fed for anyone with fruited trees.

Michael Bird

10 Year Member!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Any suggestions for sources of fruitless Mulberry trees? I've found a lot of information about them, but nobody actually selling them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello! I’m just trying to find out if I can feed my tortoise mulberry leaves! On all the apps it shows the trees with fruit and mine does not have fruit. I’m just trying to see if I can feed my tortoise the leaves even if mine doesn’t have fruit
One more voice to say yes. Mulberry leaves are great tortoise food.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Any suggestions for sources of fruitless Mulberry trees? I've found a lot of information about them, but nobody actually selling them.
Some areas have banned them because they make pollen and some people are allergic. Try to have your local nursery special order them for you. Be sure to specify "fruitless", and I find the red makes more and better leaves than the white.

If you can find older well established ones locally, it is possible to grow them from cuttings. I tried and couldn't make it happen, but others seem to have no trouble with it.

Abila10

Visalia
Some areas have banned them because they make pollen and some people are allergic. Try to have your local nursery special order them for you. Be sure to specify "fruitless", and I find the red makes more and better leaves than the white.

If you can find older well established ones locally, it is possible to grow them from cuttings. I tried and couldn't make it happen, but others seem to have no trouble with it.

Perfect! I actually moved into my family home and we have a giant fruitless mulberry tree and I just wanted to make sure they were fine